Have I killed my burner?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-111D / DVR-710. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, I’d just started burning a cd-rw with my pioneer 111d using imgburn when I realised I’d made a mistake and so stopped the burn. Imgburn was taking a long time to stop the process and I thought it had crashed so I shut it down manually. When I came to erase the disc imgburn had trouble reading it and I was again unable to shut down imgburn and so I had to reset the computer. After doing this the drive stopped functioning so I shut everything down and manually opened the drive to remove the cd-rw.

The drive is now working and it shows up in device manager but isn’t showing up in explorer and when I fire up imgburn it says 'Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present).

It was stupid of me to be impatient trying to stop the burn and it looks like I’ve paid the price. Have I killed my drive or is there something I could do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

@ v0id

Suggest in Device Manger uninstalling everything under ATA/ATAPI Controllers and then reboot your Computer.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it didn’t work :frowning:

Also tried uninstalling the drive but on reboot it appears in device manager but not in explorer. If I put a disc in nothing happens.

Does it appear in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark?

If so, what’s the error code number when you click Properties?

No, thats the strange thing. Device manager says its working properly.