Have I done the right thing? P version

I have ordered a 203/p version, as where I am, i am having trouble finding a sh-s203/B.

Have I done the right thing, will it be as good as that esteemed drive?

please help, wondering b4 its too late, thanks

why isn’t the 223 considered as good as the 203 as well?

anyone, are the lightscribe ones as good as the basic ones please???

Hi,

apart from the indexing hardware, LS drives are equipped with, this drive is identical to the 203D (which is the successor of the 203B).
There are not many 203D/P owners here, but you should be able to find some scans of these drives.

Michael

danke!!

[QUOTE=ianm2;2225734]why isn’t the 223 considered as good as the 203 as well?[/QUOTE]

I have both of them the SH-203B and SH-223F and they are both good drives I do not consider the
223F to be a worse drive than the 203B. The 223F gives a slightly higher PIE and PIF total than the
203B gives when doing quality scans but other than that they both burn great and I consider them
to be equal drives with the exception of being able to burn some discs at 22x on the 223F drive. :iagree:

that’s better news, I thionk some people perhaps over panic if the new drive doesn’t appear as good as an older one, lets hope its simply just a matter of settling in and firmware issues and it will turn out fab. perhaps its overstated a little

I do find it hard to believe they would release a lemon, as it would destroy their reputation with all the competition. ditto with pioneer and the 216

[QUOTE=ianm2;2226635]that’s better news, I thionk some people perhaps over panic if the new drive doesn’t appear as good as an older one, lets hope its simply just a matter of settling in and firmware issues and it will turn out fab. perhaps its overstated a little

I do find it hard to believe they would release a lemon, as it would destroy their reputation with all the competition. ditto with pioneer and the 216[/QUOTE]

The only thing is the 223F was a lemon at first it had a loose screw floating around inside of it and several other
loose screws inside and I got horrible burns from it at first. Then after very carefully taking it apart and fixing the
loose screw(s) problem and a FW update or two later it is just fine now. I’ve had similar experiences with HP and
Liteon drives coming with loose screws in them also so its not just a Samsung thing I believe UPS/Fedex has a lot
to do with it with rough handling during the shipping process and bad quality control from the drives Mfg’s. :a

looks like there will be a 243 soon by the way things are going elsewhere…