Have BTC stopped making DVDRW drives?

vbimport

Was browsing through BTC’s website and it seems all refrences to their DVDRW drives have disappeared such as product information. Just look at their main page under quicklinx #1 has disappeared which used to hold their DVDRW drives http://www.btc.com.tw/english/index.htm

There is also no mention of these products under their products page or firmware page, only on www.drvupdate.com are they mentioned. They do have the INF files for the card readers on their drives but all refrences to their drives are now gone accross all sites. Does this mean BTC has decided to exit the DVDRW market?

Foxconn has taken over the ODD production from BTC, it seems that the process has become to an end now.

I the announcement from January this year, it was said that Foxconn will also produce the, under BTC brand sold optical drives.

BTC may have decided to quit the DVD-RW market and only sells CD-RW’s in the future. Anyway strange that they have removed also the DVD-RW support section.

Let’s wait for news from BTC

I guess BTC decided to cut their losses after the very poor DVDRW drives that were being produced by them.

I think this would be a smart move for BTC, and no loss to the optical drive community!

Emprex has some 16X DL DVDRWs on their site at www.emprex.com

Wasn’t Emprex just another brand under BTC?

I thought Emprex was rebranding BTC drives. Maybe they found another drive to rebadge! Perhaps Artec, they’re another loser brand.

artec is worse then btc lol

emprex i thought was another btc owned company, tho i might be wrong but from the looks of it it was

I think even Artec have got the message they are selling Internal 16x 16D40W dvd writer drive now they dont make it is just a BenQ 1620 OEM in an artec box you can tell just by looking at the picture on the front of the box. It even comes with the same software as the BenQ 1620 Sonic Record Now and the other Intervideo stuff. The drive Artec 16D40W my bro got came with G7N9. Funny enough the drive isnt even listed on artecs european website or usa or taiwan one either. If you want firmware updates for it just pop over to BenQ’s site

Funny enough the drive isnt even listed on artecs european website or usa or taiwan one either. If you want firmware updates for it just pop over to BenQ’s site

Not surprising for Artec. Took me forever to track down their DVD-ROM updates back in 2003. And their official firmware updater is, um, MtkFlash. It’s one thing to offer MtkFlash for recovery (like what BTC does), but to have it as the official flasher means that Artec didn’t even bother to develop their own flasher. They don’t really put much effort into this stuff.

Well Artec does have a bad name for itself im betting they used BenQ because they couldnt design a reliable 16x dvdrw drive. One of their CDRW drives i picked up cheap (£1.50) has a Ampage rating of 2.0AMps @5V and 2.0 @ 12v, which is pretty ridiclous when you have dvd writers thant dont even draw that amount of power. I wouldnt be suprised if the dvdrw drives they were designing drew like 4.0Amps @ 5 and 4.0amps @ 12v so they took the OEM option to cover their pitiful and inefficient drives.