Hauppauge 1600 lg tuner chip?

I recently bought a hauppauge 1600-1178 tuner (actually, I ordered for in store pickup and am getting it today). I thought I had heard that it had an lg 5th generation atsc tuner chip which is part of why I bought it. I just read somewhere that another tuner found more channels faster though, and it was using the lg 5th gen chip though. I would think they would be similar if it was the same tuner chip. Does anyone know for sure which atsc tuner chip the 1600 uses, and if its not the lg, how it compares? I’m in a poor signal area so strong channel capture is important.

You won’t know until you get the card and check which chip number was used. There are apparently 4 versions.

Where would I find that? The markings on the label are
wintv-hvr-1600
atsc/qam/ntsc
74041 lf
rev c5b2

it has 2 conexant chips (one marked as an mpeg encoder) and what looks like a memory chip. does any of that identify it?

[QUOTE=ripit;2010572]Where would I find that? The markings on the label are
wintv-hvr-1600
atsc/qam/ntsc
74041 lf
rev c5b2

it has 2 conexant chips (one marked as an mpeg encoder) and what looks like a memory chip. does any of that identify it?[/QUOTE]

You can find most info on your tuner card by opening Device Manager and locate your tuner then double click on it to open the Properties and click on the Details tab open the dropdown window
tuner may be listed under sounds

Hi ripit: there’s a Hauppauge forum situated in the UK with a section for NTSC, ATSC, and QAM products for US members (here). You could try asking there… a couple of years ago I found that forum very useful for specific tech info like tuner scanning offsets for DVB-T, so they may be able to help to ID your chipset.