Hate the -R and +R

In the -R and +R game, is this an issue with DVD writers only ? What I mean is, can a -R and +R both be read and played back in DVD stand alone’s or PCs ?

I don’t know, for $100, I still might go with the Sony.
It also appears that Pioneer is getting weird about their DVD writers.
I just read on the RecordNow forum on an ongoing problem they were having with Win/2000 and the A05. From what was quoted, it appears that Pioneer was resistent to letting Veritas/Stomp test their model out. Saying that it was discontinued.

Here is the possible bug fix.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/Files/PIB222501_Drives-ChangeATAPICntrllr.pdf

Thanks,

Jon

What I mean is, can a -R and +R both be read and played back in DVD stand alone’s or PCs ?

Not exactly equally. Some DVD-ROM PC drives can read DVD-R but not DVD+R. Some other DVD-ROM drives can read DVD+R but not DVD-R. Some DVD-ROM drives that were previously known not to read DVD+R can read with updated firmware versions. The same with standalone DVD-Video player machines.

At large, most DVD-ROM PC drives and DVD-Video standalone player devices can read both DVD-R and DVD+R media. If the media are good enough and have the right data contents, that is.