Haswell has an Issue

vbimport

Hi,

I noticed this -

As to Haswell I’m holding off until the C2 stepping chipset is released which should be toward the end of the summer. This will fix the sleep issue the C1 stepping has although now it is claimed to happen when only certain USB3 devices are connected. This is a moot point to me though as I can’t see spending money on something known to be flawed with no fix available.

posted by a highly competent source on an OCZ forum.

I thought I’d pass it on here.

Regds, JR

posted by a highly

Any component-parts watcher over time knows CPU Version 1.0 and Motherboards 1.0 won’t be optimal. Even the 1.1’s will be lesser than the 2.0’s.

This will be another interesting marketing situation for the computer industry, however, because Intel traditionally trumpets a new CPU as the Be-All End-All solution for All Things.

If they do that here and have masses of sales only to have masses of USB related complaints, this might be a bigger black-eye than a pocketbook boon.

So I wonder if we’ll see Haswell 1.0 slip in quietly and tippity-toe thru the test waters? Then sometime this Fall, maybe see a marketing blitz - a rejuventated “[I]Intel Inside[/I]!” ding-dong affair?

Or will Intel decide “This is really our power-savings CPU anyway so it was never going to be the massive rescue chip for the tubercular computer industry anyway”? I’ve seen a lot more articles using this slant already.

[QUOTE=JReynolds;2686022]Hi,

I noticed this -

[I]As to Haswell I’m holding off until the C2 stepping chipset is released which should be toward the end of the summer. This will fix the sleep issue the C1 stepping has although now it is claimed to happen when only certain USB3 devices are connected. This is a moot point to me though as I can’t see spending money on something known to be flawed with no fix available.[/I]

posted by a highly competent source on an OCZ forum.

I thought I’d pass it on here.

Regds, JR

posted by a highly[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information JR. I was waiting with baited breathe for the Haswell to be released, now I know what to look for if they do release it without a fix for this issue, which I find extremely important a for a few reasons but the most important being, if they botched C1, who knows what else they missed?