Haswell details leaked online

vbimport

I just posted the article Haswell details leaked online.

Further details regarding both the Haswell launch date and chip specifications, have been leaked by a Chinese website

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/haswell-details-leaked-online-65484/](http://www.myce.com/news/haswell-details-leaked-online-65484/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

From a close source. May - June 2013 seems correct. :wink:
I already have a 4770K and Z87 board on my shopping list… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d preorder one as soon as it becomes available, if only I had a whole bunch of money:sad:.

Of course, yet another ‘socket’…

I think I will replace my C2D E8400 with a Core i7-4770 next year - but not the K-version - I need the virtualization stuff (VT-D)

[QUOTE=Dee;2670932]From a close source. May - June 2013 seems correct. ;)[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear, as I was hoping it was worth the effort translating all that stuff from Chinese. :slight_smile:

I already have a 4770K and Z87 board on my shopping list… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s pretty clear I’ll never catch up with you hardware wise Dee. :wink:

You plan your upgrades based on what isn’t available yet and I’m looking for what’s good value ATM. :slight_smile:

Different priorities, but if I could afford it I’d love to be able to splash out on the latest kit.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2671002]I think it’s pretty clear I’ll never catch up with you hardware wise Dee. :wink:

You plan your upgrades based on what isn’t available yet and I’m looking for what’s good value ATM. :slight_smile:

Different priorities, but if I could afford it I’d love to be able to splash out on the latest kit.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Planning an upgrade on parts that are not yet available has its flaws. Sometimes features that you are expecting don’t materialize. For example, I would be using the X79 socket 2011 if that chipset had delivered the 10 native SATA3 ports. It didn’t.

The Haswell platform (Z87) is said to have 6 native SATA3 ports, and 6 native USB3 ports. If Intel don’t deliver this in the production chipsets, then I won’t be updating to Haswell, and instead will wait another year for Broadwell and hope that Broadwell’s chipset will deliver.

Production will be pushed back due to lackluster demand. The 3xxx series ivy bridge processors landed with a thud. Mainly those who didn’t want to buy a discrete graphics processor got some interesting choices… but that inevitably consolidated the Nvidia/Ati demand due to the fact that the latest graphics stanards were covered-- albeit at slower speeds & shared memory.

Consumers could still choose to just upgrade memory, graphics cards and sata/usb ports with expansion cards instead of a wholesale upgrade… Why spend upwards of 1k on a new machine if you can get nearly the same juice on 250 of upgrades? Insanity…

Oh well, Intel might as well be most known for their insane pricing and release schedule, along with maintaining high pricing for way too long. Moore’s law crying & evaporating to bits…

Production has been pushed back a couple of months because the platform isn’t quite ready. :wink:

Add on SATA cards are fine for HDD, but no use for SATA3 SSDs, unless you’re are prepared to spend around £400 on something like an LSI MegaRAID card, and adding a hardware RAID card just adds to the complexity.

Adding memory is fine if you have 4GB at the moment, and also upgrading a graphics card makes sense if you’re a gamer, but not everyone is a gamer.

For me personally. I need more Intel native SATA3 ports. I’m stuck with two, and that is not enough for my needs. As I said, if Z87 doesn’t deliver 6 native SATA3 ports then I won’t be upgrading.

I just hope I am around when all this occurs, I try to stay current with my hardware, its very hard when you have more than one build. I always wait to see what Wendy does before I do anything. I did update to the LGA2011 motherboard ( Asus Sabertooth) and I am sorry I did, got the 3960X chip and 32 gbs of RAM and now having problems with an update to a Samsung 840 Pro SSD in that system. Its fine in my Z77 systems but I cant even update the firmware in the Samsung 840 Pro when its in the Sabertooth but it updates fine in the Z77. Lost I am.:wink:

For me personally. I need more Intel native SATA3 ports. I’m stuck with two, and that is not enough for my needs. As I said, if Z87 doesn’t deliver 6 native SATA3 ports then I won’t be upgrading.

Me to.

[QUOTE=Dee;2670932]From a close source. May - June 2013 seems correct. :wink:
I already have a 4770K and Z87 board on my shopping list… :p[/QUOTE]

You may be able to go shopping soon from what I hear, some people already are testing prototypes of the the Z87 boards so the 4770K cant be far behind.

Hopefully, Intel will discover SATA3 services in a big way. Finally. After 3 years.

A little bird tells me that 6 (max) native Intel SATA 6Gbps ports have actually made it into the Z87 motherboards. :bigsmile::bow:

Also making it into Z87 is quad pumped DMI/FDI from the PCH to the CPU, to make sure there is enough bandwidth.

According to some finds from CeBit, the Z87, H87 and Q87 will have 6 SATA3 ports, while B85 and Q85 will have only 4 SATA3 and 2 SATA2 ports. H81 gets 2 SATA3 and 2 SATA2 ports

6 USB3 and 8 USB2 for Z87, H87 and Q87, 4 USB3 for B85 (8 USB2) and Q85 (10 USB2), 2 USB3 and 8 USB2 for H81.

Boy, I just can’t understand why Intel cripples, stalls or delays ANY data thru-put with slowest tech standards. “Shut up! Be happy it’s not SATA 1…” Uh yeah. Gee - thanks - what a magnanimous gesture, Intel-!! Wow - stepping up to a whole 6 on SOME products, crippling others. I bet that wrings out another 4,000% profit, eh?!! Sheesh…

Well, I know the MB makers will add on their own SATA3 controllers and I don’t really want “10” except in server boards. And even then, I’d go with REAL server boards, not some Gamer-Server-Wannabe knockoff (cough cough Maximus or whatever ‘Military’ level they want to market). And maybe we’ll see the HDDs drop so low that good $200 RAID cards will always be the best alternative.

But - hey - Intel - STOP CRIPPLING DATA THRU-PUT! Give us max levels! Why can AMD do it for YEARS now, and Intel can’t?

“We’re trying to leave AMD in business!” Ah. How nice.