Has someone tried the new plextor 48X media?

Plz post your experience or urls to sites where it is tested :slight_smile:

Aren’t they Taiyo Yuden ? :wink:

They are. Plextor knows what media to sell :slight_smile:

Originally posted by alexnoe

They are. Plextor knows what media to sell :slight_smile:

Well, no slightest doubt about it :smiley:

Someone wrote (i dont remember in which forum) some discs are “Made in China” too …( new Ritek,CMC made ?) …but
the perfomance were not well in these discs…

Ritek and CMC plan to produce in China or have already started production there.

But I don’t think that Plextor will put his name on these discs :confused:

I don’t hope that! Otherwise, Plextor would deserve a big :Z

AFAIK, Plextor have their own branch in Japan. So, it would be kinda natural to cooperate w TY
rather than to search for cheaper solutions of making profits on the Chinese manufacturers.
They will never take such a risk, for the name’s sake.

Originally posted by BoSkin

AFAIK, Plextor have their own branch in Japan. So, it would be kinda natural to cooperate w TY
rather than to search for cheaper solutions of making profits on the Chinese manufacturers.
They will never take such a risk, for the name’s sake.

…But latest Plextor’s CDRW drives are made in China…

I got my order of these Plextor discs in today, and they are Taiyo Yuden and say “Made in Japan” on the label. Here’s the cdrid:

ATIP: 97m 24s 01f
Disc Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f / LBA: 359847)

I haven’t burned any yet, but I will soon. I picked these babies up for £80 for 300 inc postage over at www.ebuyer.com (thats about 27p/disc), a bargain I would say. Unfortunately they only seem to come in 200 (20 x 10)cased or 300 (6 x 50)spindle quantities. Dunno why when all they have to do is open the box and sell them seperate?

HTH

Ally

Well, the 200 TY 40x i bought for 36euro (without a logo) show the same:

nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

exept the last line! Do these information show that the discs are exactly the same or it just happens??

Maybe I should say a bargain for the UK :smiley: I haven’t been able to find TY here, except at around 40 - 50p per disc :frowning: Am I looking in the wrong places?

I don’t know about the last line. Maybe someone who knows about those numbers can enlighten us?

Anyway, I’m flying through the 1st spindle on my Lite-On 40x with no problems. The Donkey has been on for a week, I got a lot to burn :slight_smile:

Ally

Originally posted by MythosGR
[B]Well, the 200 TY 40x i bought for 36euro (without a logo) show the same:

nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

exept the last line! Do these information show that the discs are exactly the same or it just happens?? [/B]

Where did you find these?! :eek:

[greek]Apo Athina kai egw… Xairomai na blepw ena Ellhna edw mesa…![/greek]

Now ebuyer don’t have any left and if you try ordering them (since they say 10 days) they say discontinued. :frowning:

Arghh!
Trying to get decent media at all, let alone at good prices, is impossible in Scotland.

Now ebuyer just have rubbish like datasafe and samsung. I was tempted by some of the samsung deals but the media will probably be cmc or the like.

Looks like I’ll have to stick to Verbatim DL Plus, finish the Kodaks I’ve got left and maybe try some of the cheaper deals on TDK media as every TDK disk I’ve bought over here is TDK made.

I live in Scotland to m8, I gave up trying to buy good discs from computer shops, cause it seems “cheapest is best” is all people want now. The shops in Glasgow seem to stock all the same cheap crap, and nobody seems to know any better :frowning:

I’ve gone off Verbatims cause they are made so many different places, they are not consistent. I find that one batch is great, another poor depending on where it came from.

Yes I know the TDKs you mean (“Speed X”), I have burned about 100 of them with great success. They seem to be manufactured by TDK, and look like they are good quality (allthough who knows really, I’m just guessing). You can pick them up at www.blankdiscshop.co.uk for 34p each for 100+. I know they have a shady looking website, but I’ve order loads of stuff and they are really fast and answer emails quickly.

Good luck in your quest lol :slight_smile:

Ally

All the Verbatims I’ve bought have been Mitsubishi, then I do stick to the Datalife Plus discs and not the plain Datalife ones.

I’ve bought from that online store before and I admit the service has been good. The only thing is they stopped selling better discs in general - they used to sell Mitsui, I think, unbranded for around £45 per 100.

There are some good deals on 74 min TDKs now, from a number of online stores. The only bad thing is you can’t really just buy a few to try them out as you pay as much in postage. This means you have to take a chance at times and just buy a 100 or two. I used to add in the odd one of each type to try when buying a 100 or two but by the time I came to order again the discs had changed. :slight_smile:

Yes, their range of premuim discs has diminished. I emailed the guy and told him this, and that I would like to see something from TY for sale. He agreed and said he would look into getting some. Hopefully he can come up with something at reasonable prices.

I notice the Plextor discs on ebuyer aren’t even listed anymore :frowning:

Ally