Has my TSST CDDVDR TS-l633C TO03 died?

vbimport

I know this is not exactly a Toshiba section, but it’s close since TSST is Toshiba Samsung joint company or something. Well until now it all worked fine, but since yesterday my above mentioned drive destroys every single disc I put in it, but reads them just fine. I tried burning with multiple burners and no luck at all. Every single one of them fails somewhere along the ride. I’ve used these verbatim discs for ages and they were all fine. By the way on another computer these discs work fine (i mean burning). I’ve run the tests with nero discspeed 5 (the latest from the nero site) and don’t know what to do with the results. I’m no expert. But I’ve noticed something. A booktype or something was set to DVD+R, but the disc is DVD-R. Could there be a reason for a failure? Can I post the results here and how do I do that? Please help…

[QUOTE=marhyo;2552010]I know this is not exactly a Toshiba section, but it’s close since TSST is Toshiba Samsung joint company or something. Well until now it all worked fine, [B]but since yesterday my above mentioned drive destroys every single disc I put in it, but reads them just fine.[/B] I tried burning with multiple burners and no luck at all. Every single one of them fails somewhere along the ride. I’ve used these verbatim discs for ages and they were all fine. By the way on another computer these discs work fine (i mean burning). I’ve run the tests with nero discspeed 5 (the latest from the nero site) and don’t know what to do with the results. I’m no expert. But I’ve noticed something. A booktype or something was set to DVD+R, but the disc is DVD-R. Could there be a reason for a failure? Can I post the results here and how do I do that? Please help…[/QUOTE]

What has “destroying a disc” to do with failing to burn a disc successfully??? :eek:

2 absolutely completely different things!

PS. There is always a reason “for a failure”.

Post a logfile at least here.

Well…failing to successfully burn…hence destroying…not usable…but it can read old dvd or dvd burnt on another computer. What log are you referring to?

Logfile from Nero or Imgburn.