Has my dvd-r carked it?

vbimport

Hey Yall, i’d like to ask if any of yall are aware of the dreaded “could not perform fixation” message, that i get when burning data cds. I have a dinosaur dvd-rw, a Pioneer A05, but it has served me well over the past 2 years. Anywhoo, i posted a topic a few months ago asking about what was the best dvd-rw out there, for a reasonable price. I don’t quite remember the name, twas a LiteOn something-something.

So yeah, if anyone can assist me with my problem, or suggest the best reasonable priced dvd-rw that gives quality burns, and can rip at a fast rate, aaandd is open to many different sorts of media, i’d greatly appreciate it!

thanks in advance!!!

Update the firmware and also the burning software if possible, and try with different media.
Verbatim or TY

Yep, every verbatim i’ve used has had the fixation error. I have the latest firmware. I used Nero 7, 6 and 5. 7 and 6 had the fixation error, and 5 never shows an error while burning, but the disc doesnt work once i try to read it. DVD’s however, burn fine

So, any suggestions bout which is the best affordable DVDR?

Update Nero!!

[QUOTE]Yep, every verbatim i’ve used has had the fixation error. I have the latest firmware. I used Nero 7, 6 and 5

lol, i’ve used the 3 latest versions.

[QUOTE=180bysummer]

Yep, every verbatim i’ve used has had the fixation error. I have the latest firmware. I used Nero 7, 6 and 5

lol, i’ve used the 3 latest versions.

And exactly that would be the problem here.

WHO ever would use 3 Nero versions on one OS installation??