Has anyone used the brand Optical Quantum 25gb 4x bd-r?

Would like to know of anyone has used the brand Optical Quantum 25gb 4x bd-r
would llike ot know how the quality of these disc

[QUOTE=DOOMSDAY007;2673751]Would like to know of anyone has used the brand Optical Quantum 25gb 4x bd-r
would llike ot know how the quality of these disc[/QUOTE]

Optical Quantum has been selling PHILIPR04 BD-Rs in their 4x spindles. These discs seem to vary a great deal in quality as can be seen in this thread.

They do not actually make any discs, so it is not possible to be sure of the source of the discs you might get in one of their spindles.

Yes the Optical Quantum PHILIPR04 25GB discs due suffer greatly in their quality!!

Out of a 10 disc cakebox, only 2 discs burned properly… the other 8 were coasters! On 3 of the coasters you could see what looked like spots on the recording layer after they were burned. Similar to what a water droplet would look like. That’s crappy production standards for sure!

Last time I ever buy that brand again.

I have had ZERO coasters so far with Phillips-branded discs with the Media Code ID of: CMCMAGBA5. All discs have burned with no issues.

So from now on I’ll use the Phillips Inkjet printable for my 25GB burns and the excellent Victor - JVC 50GB DL discs from Japan. Media Code ID of: MEI T02 001.

Thanks I have not heard anything positive about these disks

That’s pretty hilarious that Philips doesn’t use its own MID for its retail media.