Has Anyone Tried To Backup End Game Yet?

Hi Im having trouble backing up End Game. This is a new Sony Pictures movie that came out today and Im thinking they might of came out with a new copyright. I tried to back it up with 1clickdvdcopy, dvd vault, and dvdxcopy. It reads it but wont write it for some reason. I am using anydvd 5.9.6.0 also. I have never had a problem backing up since I bought 1click and anydvd. If anyone has tried this movie, let me know what you get. thanks

have you tried the anydvd ripper to rip this movie?

can you post a screenshot or just copy and paste the anydvd window for this film in this thread and maybe we can see if there’s anything interesting going on with this disc.

what do you mean “it reads, but it won’t write?”

please be very specific with your problem and any error messages you might receive and any versions numbers of programs you’re using.

I had no problem at all backing up End Game with CloneDVD2 2.8.9.8 and AnyDVD 5.9.6.0

Poc

I have had problems with this particular movie. It gets to 1% then pops up read error. I use AnyDvd 5.9.1.1. I tried the rip to hard drive feature with the same results. Clicked on ignore read errors, but it is still stuck at 1%.
I tried DVD Decrypter with the exact same results. I tried CloneCD with exactly same results. Always before, if I had a scratch on the dvd that cloneDVD couldn’t get past, I could use DVD Decrypter and if theat wouldn’t work, use CloneCD and then mount the image and burn that way.

Personally I think that it may be a new form of protection.

Why dont you update to the latest version of anydvd and clonedvd??? These backup this dvd!! This is to jerbyjoober

no new protection
new protection is characterized by [B]MANY[/B] people having backup failures
this is just another example of WNP :bigsmile:

I updated the programs as soon as I posted my first post, I realized there were new versions out. I am still having the same problem. Seeing that this is a brand new, never been played befor I stuck it in my DVD player, I am thinking that maybe the DVD itself is faulty, although the thing plays perfect on my tv player. I bought it at Wal-Mart.

I edited due to your repost before I hit my enter part. :stuck_out_tongue:

@ jerbyjoober,

To prevent any confusion provide the Name(s) and Version(s) of the software programs you are using in your attempt to make backup copy of End Game Commercial DVD Movie Title.

Please provide any Error Code(s) and exact complete Error Narrative(s) you receive when you experience your problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Sure sounds like accross protection to me. Anydvd should take care of it though. Also could also just be defective disks (and just because the main title plays fine does not mean that there is still a defect in other parts of the dvd (ie in the titles, extras, etc.).

I am processing just the main title. The error message that pops up is,

Processing error
E:/Video_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB: read error
Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.

File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

I am using Slysoft.com’s
CloneDVD2 ver 2.8.9.8
AnyDVD ver 5.9.6.1

When I do the rip to hard drive it does the same thing, stops at 1%

I am going to try to use the cut feature in cloneDVD to cut the first 5 min or so out of the movie and see if that works.

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1 ) dvd media is dirty - you can try to clean it
2 ) dvd media is damaged , you have to replace it
3 ) your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a dvd from a different region.
You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
4) your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link is there takes you too the firmware page.

To find the firmware you currently have use this :

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDInfoPro

If it’s not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn).

I have made a semi-successful backup of the movie. I used the cut feature in CloneDVD2 to cut the first 5 minutes of the movie, The movies starts with the 2 helicopters flying the president to the hospital. Since the DVD is brand new I have to lean towards the possibility of getting a bad copy.

As far as firmware, I have got the latest already. I had flashed it about a month ago in order to use a paticular kind of rw’s that I had bought.

Thanks for all the help. Out of the 2 or 3 hundred movies I have backed up now, this is the only one that I have had problems with. This method has saved me hundreds. Roadtrips with an 8 year old in charge of DVD’s have had me going through the copies like crazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

start anydvd latest
which option in clonedvd are you using to rip to HDD?
use Option 1
browse to your movie file then keep hitting next removing extras you dont need at each window and save to DVD file on last window

have you tried vobBlanker HERE
it is a free proggy and may work for you
run anydvd then startvobblanker and keep all settings at default and save to HDD
if the backup is too big you can then shrink it using DVDshrink, another free proggy
let us know how that works

usually with your type of error either dvd is bad or pc player cannot read it for whatever reason
there are many posts on this CRC topic
read up on them they are very informative

Have you tried disabling anydvd and using decrypter with the pgcedit and the psl2 plugin ? That is how I ripped this title if I remember.

Posting the AnyDVD info window would help. Sending IFOs to SlySoft would help, too.

I had the same problem you did. I was using AnyDVD (5.9.6.0 & 5.9.6.1) and CloneDVD2 (2.8.9.7).

When I have a problem like this, if I cant identify the specific problem pretty then I just try another combination of software packages. I was successful on the first try using DVDFabDecrypter (Express), DVDShrink and burned with DVDDecrypter.

I also had a similar problem with Fun With Dick & Jane but was successful using another combination of freeware. I believe I just used DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter with that one.

Had no trouble ripping this one with AnyDVD 5.9.6.0 and DVDDecryptor.