Has anyone solved "GCCore did not finish AVStillSource" problem?

vbimport

To sumerize: I have been trying to burn AVI’s to a DVD using Nero 6 and 16X DVD R+/- drives using Verbatum 8x R- media. It takes 1-3 hours and 50% of the time I get coasters and failed burn errors. I have a P4 2.4 Ghz with 1 GB of fast memory and a Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra motherboard Win XP Pro, I have tried both a Samsung (TSST Corp) Model H552B and a BenQ 1620 (both flashed to to the latest firmware) BenQ is 67M9 (I have been unable to flash it to a B). It says checksum error when I try to upgrade the flash using the 3-step proceedure to go to retail.

I was not getting DMA’s on my CDR/DVDR ± 16X drives due to an old chipset driver. I did a new install of windows XP pro to a diferent partition. Now I get DMA 5 on my two UDMA drives on the primary.I made sure the ASPI layer and dill were ok.

I tried a diferent DVD burner and guess what?

The problem is NOT the burner or the DMA’s.

Nero keeps on giving the same error over and over again. “GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource).” I keep getting this until it says burn failed. Any ideas?

I uninstalled Nero, used the cleaning tool and reinstalled it. Same results. I tried making DVD’s without a menu and the burn still failed.

Here is part of the Nero error message.

[00:32:24] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:32:24] GCHW Node added: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer
[00:32:39] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:32:54] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:33:09] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:33:24] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:33:39] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:33:54] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:34:09] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:34:24] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:34:39] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:34:54] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:35:09] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:35:24] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:35:39] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:35:54] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:36:09] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
[00:36:24] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)

However if I convert AVI’s to Mpeg’s with No.1 Video Converter, then burn to nero, it works. So what is going on?

Update: I just burnt a DVD Movie to DVD using Shrink and DVD Decriptor (2 free programs)… No technical problems what so ever!

The actual burn process took under 6 minutes with the BenQ drive and 8X Verbatim R- media. The decoding and processing took hours.

The video was perfect, but I used the wrong audio track and got only the director’s comments. I am now reburning it. (Yet another coaster!) LOL

How does Clone DVD 2 and Anydvd compare with Shrink and DVD Decriptor?

And any idea why I have problems with AVI’s using Nero6?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Any answers please? :slight_smile:

I have read this problem in several other posts; but has anyone solved it?

Tahnk you again :slight_smile:

Please!!! :slight_smile:

Hi

I too was getting this error when converting AVI’s to DVD’s under XP SP2

Silverado4, a member of a different forum talked about a Nero patch that resolved this issue for them

I looked on Nero’s site for patches, and found this transcoding patch

It has resolved my issue

I hope it helps with yours

Take care

Steve

Thank you so much!!! I just downloaded it and will try it. :slight_smile:

The patch did work! Thank you sooooo much. :slight_smile: