Has anyone played with the plex premium

laser power or recording strategy settings on the varirec settings to see if they can make a good copy of safedisk 2.9?

Plextor Premium drive cannot make a working SD2.9 title…that is its down side…sorry…might want to get hands on the LiteOn 48x cdrw/dvd drive; for that can make a SD2.9 backup

Plextor Premium drive cannot make a working SD2.9 title…that is its down side

I believe you need to rephrase this statement, what you are saying is false. Makeing a back-up of SafeDisc 2.90 with the plextor premium has been good for some and bad for others. I have not had any trouble with safedisc 2.90 at all. RavenShield, Secret Weapons and Breakthrough, Rush Hour, Devastation, I have had zero problems with these and my Plextor Premium.

Originally posted by kamikazee
I have not had any trouble with safedisc 2.90 at all. RavenShield, Secret Weapons and Breakthrough, Rush Hour, Devastation, I have had zero problems with these and my Plextor Premium.
You used Blindwrite + Autoplay, correct? This is not a criticism just clarification, OK? :slight_smile:

You used Blindwrite + Autoplay, correct?
With Both BlindWrite 4.5.7.92 and the tweaker with BlindWrite 4.9.9.96, I did not use auto-play or enhance weak sectors. So in answer to your question and for testing purposes I was able to make working back-ups both with and with out Auto-Play.

So BW + Plex Premium + SD2.9x + No EWS with no Autoplay = working backup? Fantastic :slight_smile: Does it work without BW installed and in other devices?

well what iam going to interject is that…heeh…you will have to take a gamble …wether or not to buy the drive that is a 50/50 at doing what you want it to do…or be 100% certain and get another drive that is a guarantee…there are few PP drives out there that can DO SD2.9 but it is due to the system configuration…ie motherboard and its drivers…already went through this with G and Portmac …iam not dog’n a company but we are not all rich:bigsmile:

So BW + Plex Premium + SD2.9x + No EWS with no Autoplay = working backup? Fantastic Does it work without BW installed and in other devices?

Yes it does, I have 5 computers here, One is a Dell not exactly sure what the cd-rom drive but works fine in it, and then There is a Kenwood 72X true-x, and ASUS 52X cd-rom, Lite-O- 52X cd-rom, and then a Sony 40X cd-rom. oh yea and a Lite-on 163D dvd in my machine. Blindwrite is on one hard drive in my machine (I use removable hard drives) but not in any of the other four machines, they only burning software they have is either NERO or ROXIO, nothing else, the copies can be used in the machines wthout probems.

me rich hehhehhe nawwwwwww I just have this small problem …when I am working on problem I have to solve it … one way or another …that problem I have not worked on it for awhile cause I have same as portmac and still dont get it …I honestly have to say no clue on what is doing it …even down to power supply is the same … …still bugs me to this day …I hate not knowing why…i am sure it is something small i am missing …and i know a select few that can do sd 2.9 with plex no prob …but very few

Originally posted by kamikazee
Yes it does, I have 5 computers here, One is a Dell not exactly sure what the cd-rom drive but works fine in it, and then There is a Kenwood 72X true-x, and ASUS 52X cd-rom, Lite-O- 52X cd-rom, and then a Sony 40X cd-rom. oh yea and a Lite-on 163D dvd in my machine. Blindwrite is on one hard drive in my machine (I use removable hard drives) but not in any of the other four machines, they only burning software they have is either NERO or ROXIO, nothing else, the copies can be used in the machines wthout probems.

hi Kama…i have the plex premium as im the one who intiated this post…im using the latest version of alch 120 and using alcoholor for setting for sd2.9 i can get perfect backups with that drive only all my other drives the disk will not play (ie *.tmp errors)

is there anything special your doing to get yours to work?

i do have a lite-on 5232xx drive and the liteon dvd/cdrw combo drives those backup sd2.9 pretty well except they wont work on my dell inspirons dvd/cdrw drive it a hitachi drive i believe…i havent gotten any sd2.9 copies to work on that drive.

as for the topic of my post i know that there is problems with sd2.9 copies and this drive…well most of you have them. so i was wondering if anyone has played with the varirec settings…you can specify the type of media so it burns differently and adjust the laser settings to either stronger or weaker…etc. this drive looks to have alot of potential i also heard a rumor that the next firmware will address issues relating to sd2.9…

jamos …here read this …KAM is a friend and help do some testing with me … here is all about sd 2.9 and tests i have personally ran …thought you would be interested since you asked those questions

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=73058

also my drive can do sd 2.9 …have done it in another machine before I got my drive …but when I got it …it cant and i bought same equipment as my friend …portmac and still cant …have not got a new cd rom to test if that was it cause at time mine was dying … so stop trying to figure it out for a time being … lol got lazy

so blindwrites autoplay may be needed on some drives where is that located and how is that different than using alc 120 and hide cdr?

i have the latest version of blindwrite suite and stilll cant get copies made on the premium to backup sd2.9 which really is no problem since my liteon 5232xx does it pretty well.

and ill never get rid of my premium because of its securerom 1:1 capabilities~;)

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]jamos …here read this …KAM is a friend and help do some testing with me … here is all about sd 2.9 and tests i have personally ran …thought you would be interested since you asked those questions

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=73058

also my drive can do sd 2.9 …have done it in another machine before I got my drive …but when I got it …it cant and i bought same equipment as my friend …portmac and still cant …have not got a new cd rom to test if that was it cause at time mine was dying … so stop trying to figure it out for a time being … lol got lazy [/B]

is that memorex drive you have a good copier for sd2.9?

yes it is rebadge lite on drive …very nice … hehhe …I have around six different burners

autoplay hides atip …plus does some emulation on drives that cant read weak sectors good …

where is autoplay is that a program i can download? i have a dell laptop that has problems with weak sectors.