Has anyone gotten the new sd2.90.dat file to copy?

from a toshi sd-m1402 drive? im talking about the updated one created from the sheep test program dated 11/19/2003. Even using my asus 5224a with 1.1 firmware i get a read error when copying the dat file to my computer from that toshi drive. i dont beleive theres a drive out there that can do this, well not that ive tested yet.

so yes its possible to have a 2 sheep burner and not be able to do sd2.9 backups that work without emulation in some drives.

the old one would copy fine dated august or some such date…but that was because that dat did not have true sd2.90 weaksectors.

my liteon 52327s did it fine
read from both the drive and my pioneer 116

well i have the liteon 52327s also not working…what firmware are you using on your toshi sd-m1402? and your using the sd290.bat file dated 11/19/2003 i assume also to create the dat file.

im specifically talking about the toshi drive…i know i can get it to read fine from all my other drives…the toshi drive is the one that is picky. also if you did copy it from the toshi drive then what media are you using?

i find it hard to believe if my asus wont work that any other drive will on this toshi…if in doubt look at FPs testing with sd2.9 and the toshi sd-m1402.

the pioneer should read it fine burned from the 52327s.

Where can i get new sheep test with updated sd 2.90 weak sectors?

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~noe/WSS/sheep.zip

Thx! :slight_smile:

I ll try now if my Premium can do it!

my premium can do it with itself and all my liteons…but not with the toshi sd-m1402 drive.

NOOOOOOOOO! :frowning:
My Premium can’t copy back SD 2.90.dat!
And even my Pioneer DVD 120S can’t!
I have updated it with firmware 1.05!

What can i do?
Will it do good SD 2.90 copies with EWS/AWS/Bypass EFM enabled?

Originally posted by Venturer
[B]NOOOOOOOOO! :frowning:
My Premium can’t copy back SD 2.90.dat!
And even my Pioneer DVD 120S can’t!
I have updated it with firmware 1.05!

What can i do?
Will it do good SD 2.90 copies with EWS/AWS/Bypass EFM enabled? [/B]

probably it will…but your premium should at least copy the dat file back on its own drive…mine does and all my liteons can read it too. what speed did you burn it? i used 4x.

only to it’s own plextor and to its lite-ons.

that’s nothing special… btw. I found out the patterns for this new .dat file so yes I tested it…

Btw. you should try to make instead of the sector count of 10 make a 1 there… then your premium can read this sd290.dat

Because he is possible to read over one of it like it is in SD2.9 but not over more.

Btw. that it gets better burnt at 4x or 8x is also proven on the look of an AWS copy with the Plextor premium because it works in the other drives then too…
But what is for sure: this was not able without v1.05… which means that writing weak sectors got improved… which means that it could be made possible to write sd2.9 without aws through a new firmware… and we may get lucky here too with one of the next firmwares.

I burned it at 8x with Nero on a 90 min CDR!
No way! If i try to read back sd2.90.dat from my Premium or from my Pioneer DVD 120S it gives me CRC error after a while it attempts to read!

well first for your Pioneer DVD it probably won’t work without AWs.

And second as said you need to set sector count to one.

edit the SD290.bat file and change:
-dup=10 to -dup=1

then every weak sector will be written only once and for the problem pattern of SD2.9 for the premium it occurs only once (pattern is 3045 what I mean).

And if it occurs only once the Premium then can also read it…

Originally posted by Jamos
probably it will…but your premium should at least copy the dat file back on its own drive…mine does and all my liteons can read it too. what speed did you burn it? i used 4x.

probably it will… is not true because it won’t copy it f.e. as you said to the Toshiba SD-M1402 without AWS… but with AWS and 8x or 4x it will - but only with 1.05

Originally posted by ghost_zero5
[B]well first for your Pioneer DVD it probably won’t work without AWs.

And second as said you need to set sector count to one.

edit the SD290.bat file and change:
-dup=10 to -dup=1

then every weak sector will be written only once and for the problem pattern of SD2.9 for the premium it occurs only once (pattern is 3045 what I mean).

And if it occurs only once the Premium then can also read it… [/B]

Thx ghost!
I tweaked the .bat and now it can read back the dat!

Jamos:
Have you tweaked the .bat as ghost explained or your Premium could read back the sd290.dat even from the original not tweaked file?

normally he should need to have tweaked the file because I already did many tests and without AWS dup need to be set to 1.

If he did it different I am interested in how…

i have not touched the bat file i left it alone. i burned it to a cdrw not using aws from my plex premium. i then copied the dat file back to my harddrive using the plex premium no problem with 1.05 firmware.

setting it to 1 same results…copies back fine no aws.

niether way would copy from my toshi sd-m1402 drive.

maybe it worked because of your CD-RW…
but I am not sure.

btw. you used ISO mode 1?

ok i what program do i need to use to burn the .dat file and if successful do i rip the data from the cd back to the HDD to see if the hardware worked successfully

you use nero with ISO mode 1…

then you try to copy the .dat file from the cd to hd and if that works it was probably a good copy…

but if you want to find then out exactly make an image and let scan.bat over it.