Has anyone else got Android 4.4.4. yet?

vbimport

Turned my Nexus 7 (2013) on just before I went to bed last night and received an OTA update to Android Kit Kat 4.4.4.

I haven’t seen much mentioned about this yet and was wondering has anyone else received this yet or am I one of the very early ones this time around?

Wombler

[QUOTE=Wombler;2730511]or am I one of the very early ones this time around?
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree:
The Nexus is a google device,so you guys should always be on top of the update chain…:stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, got it day before yesterday on the Nexus 7. Since it’s only a minute security update, and since it trails the 4.4.3 update so closely, sites have only written tiny blurbs letting people know about it. It really only matters for the Nexus folks, as most OEMs were aiming to get a 4.4.2* or 4.4.3 release for their ‘big update’ to KitKat in general.

(*: finally got 4.4.2 as the major KitKat update to my US Samsung Galaxy S3 variant last week, and I’m tickled pink about Samsung managing to provide so many core OS updates since Android 4.0.)

Yes, mine updated this morning. Had to regain root access once more.

Sometimes it takes quite a while for the OTA updates to eventually filter through.

I’m never really in any mad panic to get them but it’s always nice when they’re finally installed. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I don’t know about others but the Android email app for mine the last time was updating with numbers of emails but since the update that feature no longer work correctly? Has anyone notice this??? This is the Email app that comes with the Android O/S mine before worked indicating how many emails but as of lately has stopped working correctly and when I refresh will it indicate new emails. This is frustrating as I have to use the Yahoo/Gmail/Outlook app to view my email rather then a quick Android email app.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2731350]I don’t know about others but the Android email app for mine the last time was updating with numbers of emails but since the update that feature no longer work correctly? Has anyone notice this??? This is the Email app that comes with the Android O/S mine before worked indicating how many emails but as of lately has stopped working correctly and when I refresh will it indicate new emails. This is frustrating as I have to use the Yahoo/Gmail/Outlook app to view my email rather then a quick Android email app.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t noticed that problem in a long time. Do other applications still give you notifications in the background?

Check all of your sync settings for each email account. Something may have become corrupt, or something like that.

Which Android device do you have?

[QUOTE=Albert;2731352]I haven’t noticed that problem in a long time. Do other applications still give you notifications in the background?

Check all of your sync settings for each email account. Something may have become corrupt, or something like that.

Which Android device do you have?[/QUOTE]

I did all that even I removed the email settings and made the accounts again but no more notifications are coming through to indicate I got mail. Unless I go to the android email app and refresh each email account then it will indicate new emails.

go 4 /r00t :smiley: