Hardware for defeating Securom 4.8x

vbimport

What hardware is necessary to defeat the Securom 4.8x copy protection?

Is the type of CD-RW drive the only factor that is relevant in beating it?

I am wondering if the reason why I can not defeat it despite following the instructions posted on the stickies on the forum by Philamber is because of my hardware. I have a LiteOn 48126S drive.

With your drive and the newest BW version you should be able to copy every SecuROM protection (including >4.8x.xxx).

Originally posted by Namoh
With your drive and the newest BW version you should be able to copy every SecuROM protection (including >4.8x.xxx).

If I use BW to copy SecuROM protected CD’s, it does not actually burn the CD like the original with the variations in linear density across sectors, but stores the info somewhere on the CD to emulate, right? Does that mean I need to have BW running in the background to emulate the physical characteristics info?

With the latest version of BlindWrite, if Autoplay is unticked, then emulation isnt used.

So just make an Image with BlindRead, extract the BWA and use it along with BlindWrite with Autoplay unticked and bingo, non-emulated backup :slight_smile:

I tried to make a copy of Ghost recon advanced war fighter, and it says to insert the original instead of a backup, is there a solution for this?