Harddrive

[qanda]This thread is about the 2L USB 2.0 HDD BOX W 2.5IN. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello.please.help.me…firsly.i.apologise.for.not.using.the.spacebar.because.im.in.a.digital.crisis.all.my.electrical.good.are.crashing…hence.the,spacebar.on.comp…
anyway.with.that.out.of.the.way.my.laptop.crashed.last.week.and.i.took.out.the.harddrive.put.it.in.an.external.box.but.i.can.see.the.folders.and.open.them.BUT.when.want.to.open.a.file.it.says.i.dont.have.permission.
what.could.this.mean.and.please.someone.let.me.know.how.to.retieve.my.files.the.files.are.all.word.and.excel.documents.and.for,me.priceless…

Welcome to the forum.
You’ll need administrator permissions to access the files, so login to the laptop as administrator. You should then be able to access the file permissions.

hi.thanks.for.the.advice.but.unfortunately.i.did.not.explain.the.full.story…
here.we.go.i.hope.this.will.make.sense…i.had.a.laptop.and.it.crashed.it.wont.even.turn.on.so.i.was.told.to.take.out.the.harddrive.and.put.it.in.a.harddrive.external.case.so.i.followed.suit.but.then.now.ican.access.the.folders.and.open.them.BUT.i.cant.enter.the.actual.file.eg.if.its.word.then.i.see.word.logo.or.if.its.excel.i.see.excel.logo.but.i.cant.open.or.copy.the.file.
i.hope.this.will.make.it.clear…
please.advise.as.the.files.are.very.important.for.as.it.is.all.my.business.files…
thanking.you.very.much.in.advance

What happens when you try to copy it? If you get an error message, what is it?
You say that you can’t open it, do you have office (the same version or later) on the computer you try to open the files from? What happens when you try to open them?