Harddrive

Hi, replaced my motherboard and i want to save some info on my hard drive , hooked the hard drive up to another computer and i see my drive but there is a folder that says access denied when i click on the folder , how do i get in that folder. but when the mouse is over the folder it says its empty but i know there is info in there, thanks

You might need to create a user account with the same name/password as when the files were created, or change the permissions on that folder to allow access by all.

[QUOTE=raider12;1929045]Hi, replaced my motherboard and i want to save some info on my hard drive , hooked the hard drive up to another computer and i see my drive but there is a folder that says access denied when i click on the folder , how do i get in that folder. but when the mouse is over the folder it says its empty but i know there is info in there, thanks[/QUOTE]

Are you currently set as administor priviliedges?? If so you should be able to see the drive …? From administrator you should be able to force the drive to be able to read on your new setup…by changes the priviledges on the HDD itself…did you try that yet?

I do several data migrations a week.

You should

1. Right click on the folder, and goto properties
  2. Click the security tab
  3. Click the advanced button.
  4. Click the owner tab
  5. Find /Your-computer-name/administrators
  6. Check the box that says inherit permissions (Vista does not have it, xp does)
  7. Click okay to make your self the owner.
  8. Go back to the first window you opened, where it shows all the users on the sysytem and checks for what they can do.
  9. Check all the boxes for your username and administrators (Vista you have to hit the edit button first)
  10. Hit OK or Apply, and then do what ya want.

i dont see a security tab when i right click

What’s the name of the folder?