Hard OCP: Newegg Selling Fake Intel CPUs

vbimport

After talking to several sources on this, it seems that Newegg was in fact selling counterfeit Intel processors.

Newegg Selling Fake Intel CPUs

And no one from that site reported it earlier or informed the SEC about the counterfeit CPU? If this was such a story they would informed the SEC on this subject. Also anyone whom posted this story didn’t inform Newegg themselves or contact the agency responsible for catching this counterfeit makes this even more unbelievable story itself.

I think its more likely that a customer purchased a cpu, then carefully cut the box open (under the glue) then replaced the cpu with the junk one and fake fan. Then Newegg accepted the return as box unopened, put it back on the shelf and sold it to the next customer.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2499790]I think its more likely that a customer purchased a cpu, then carefully cut the box open (under the glue) then replaced the cpu with the junk one and fake fan. Then Newegg accepted the return as box unopened, put it back on the shelf and sold it to the next customer.[/QUOTE]

Also it sounds more like a tabloid story then any real news. If the previous buyer did that then all Newegg had to do was go back to the order records and find who did the switch so that customer who did that well guess what they know who you are…so don’t think you got away just yet…But this story in itself has not creditability or real way of confirming it either.

True, but they would have to prove it too, because their may have been 20 returns in 500 purchases (for arguments sake), hypothetical 4% return rate. Now its your job to prove who dun-it. Could have also been a warehouse worker, where they drop ship the items.

NewEgg Confirms Fake Core i7s, Apologizes

Online retailer NewEgg said late Monday that it has confirmed that a shipment of Core i7s were indeed fake, and that it had broken off its supply relationship with IPEX, the supplier. NewEgg also apologized.

[B]demo units[/B] LOL