Hard drive

vbimport

Lost a motherboard due to a power supply failure (dual fans, one quit).
Is it possible that I may have lost the hard drive also? How can I be sure?
Am also told that some of the drive may be salvaged…is this possible?

Its possible the hard drive may have been affected but [B]not [/B]a certainty. Your only way of telling is to put it in another computer and try it. Are you going to rebuild this one?

Is the drive IDE or SATA? If IDE and you try it in an existing computer, I’d hook this drive up as a slave drive on one of the IDE channels.

I suppose you could also put the drive in an external enclosure and try to access it that way, but you’re introducing some variables this way.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2556880]Its possible the hard drive may have been affected but [B]not [/B]a certainty. Your only way of telling is to put it in another computer and try it. Are you going to rebuild this one?

Is the drive IDE or SATA? If IDE and you try it in an existing computer, I’d hook this drive up as a slave drive on one of the IDE channels.

I suppose you could also put the drive in an external enclosure and try to access it that way, but you’re introducing some variables this way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Kerry.Will take your advice. was an older computer but the hard drive has 300 gig + some valuble items stored in my documents file( I know - always back up files).
Planning on rebuilding.
sorry for the belated response…
Drive is SATA. Everything else inside was IDE.