Hard Drive Problem :(

Hi

I’ve got a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB ST3320620AS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM, and recently… randomly it’ll reboot… crash. The HD clicks a few times and will freeze computer, I tried running Scandisk & Defragging. Scandisk always repairs same stuff, before when starting up computer I got “Unable to read disk, please restart” or something. Not long ago I got a BSOD something about “Physical Memory”?

Anyway, My system as follows:

AMD64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ - 2.40GHz - Artic Cooler Pro
Mushkin Dual Channel 2GB DDR
ASUS A8N-E nForce 4 Ultra Motherboard (Skt 939)
ATi X1900XT 512MB - Stock
The HD I said above, as my primary.
Samsung 250GB S-ATAII, as my secondary

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Maybe you should try running seagates diagnostic tools. Perhaps they can find a problem.

It failed after like 2mins

ATACore Error 2 in SeqScan :s

It sounds like your drive is dying. I would try to rma it for a warranty replacment. I think you can check the warranty here
http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

Could be overheating or messy cables when disk freezes after some time. Check if fans are rotating.

Usually when an error occurs on the Seagate online test, a box pops up asking if you want to RMA it…at least that happened to me when an old 80 gig had bad sectors. :slight_smile:

I’m guessing the OP downloaded the Seagate util rather than do the online test…

The dreaded HDD Clicks. I have a slave drive that is doing the dame thing :frowning: I would recommend you begin the arduous backup process.

OK.

I managed to run Seatools, the full test. It found … like so many bad sectors. Must of bein 100 +

I take it the drive is… on its way out already! :expressionless: