Hard Drive Passes chkdsk But Not OK

vbimport

He[SIZE=3]llo,
[SIZE=3]A Seagate ST3160812[SIZE=3]AS 160[SIZE=3]byte Desktop HD stopped b[SIZE=3]oot[SIZE=3]ing one machine af[SIZE=3]ter a power faillure. It was inserted in another mac[SIZE=3]hine and passed chk[SIZE=3]dsk without any problem[SIZE=3], and all data fi[SIZE=3]les were accessible.

[/SIZE]When re-installed in the original machine and turned on, the [SIZE=3]only result was [SIZE=3]the m[SIZE=3]essage “No S[SIZE=3]ignal”. The monitor cable works, and was well conne[SIZE=3]cted. It is an ACER desktop.

What is wrong?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Any suggestions as to what I should do next?
Thanx :confused:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Have you tried another drive in the machine that failed. One you know that works…

Does the drive show up in the bios of the computer?

Have you tried different SATA ports on the motherboard?

Or perhaps different SATA data and power cables attached to this hard drive?

[QUOTE=SkipperChaim;2676647]He[SIZE=3]llo,
[SIZE=3]A Seagate ST3160812[SIZE=3]AS 160[SIZE=3]byte Desktop HD stopped b[SIZE=3]oot[SIZE=3]ing one machine af[SIZE=3]ter a power faillure. It was inserted in another mac[SIZE=3]hine and passed chk[SIZE=3]dsk without any problem[SIZE=3], and all data fi[SIZE=3]les were accessible.

[/SIZE]When re-installed in the original machine and turned on, the [SIZE=3]only result was [SIZE=3]the m[SIZE=3]essage “No S[SIZE=3]ignal”. The monitor cable works, and was well conne[SIZE=3]cted. It is an ACER desktop.

What is wrong?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Any suggestions as to what I should do next?
Thanx :confused:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago. I got a no signal. Thinking that it was my monitor. I hooked it up to another PC and it worked fine. Found out it was my video card. Hook same up to my on board motherboard vga video card, worked fine. You may want to see if that is the problem.

Mr. Bill

Ah, good catch Mr. Bill. I was concentrating on the hard drive. The No Signal message is definitely video related.

See if you can boot up and get into the bios SkipperChaim. This won’t need a hard drive, but will definitely need a video signal out from the motherboard/video card.

Thank you Mr. Bill. You were right on the money, the monitor worked fine on another machine. You and MyCE.com are awesome. Without your advice I would have taken a long time, if ever, to get to the bottom of the problem. Have a great weekend,

[QUOTE=SkipperChaim;2676668]Thank you Mr. Bill. You were right on the money, the monitor worked fine on another machine. You and MyCE.com are awesome. Without your advice I would have taken a long time, if ever, to get to the bottom of the problem. Have a great weekend,[/QUOTE]

You’ll welcome.

Mr. Bill :clap:

Thanx for your help, MyCE has done a great service.

Thanx for your attention. It was the Video Card, I thought it was the HDD, and pulled everyone else into my misconception. Live and learn.

Thanks for the response. MyCE was quick!