Hard Disk Sentinel Review

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: Hard Disk Sentinel Review[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/11/image0011-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Frequent Club Myce forum members will quickly recognize the subject for this review; Hard Disk Sentinel, as we already have a forum dedicated to this software here at Myce. The folks at Hard Disk Sentinel have been kind enough to provide a licence for the PRO version, and their website has an excellent introduction to this software, which fits in perfectly here

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/hard-disk-sentinel-review-69385/](http://www.myce.com/review/hard-disk-sentinel-review-69385/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Thanks for the review. I downloaded from a deal of the day or something like that and I was wondering how good it really was.

Said it before and say it again…1 of the best software buying decisions I ever made!!! :slight_smile:

PS:nice review,Tweakr! :clap:

I’m going to use this thread to give an additional thanks to Janos(hdsentinel) & club.myce for the contest for a liftime subscription to the pro version.
I was one of the lucky winners.

[QUOTE=cholla;2707144]
I was one of the lucky winners.[/QUOTE]
Good for you,I’m shure that you like the program! :clap::clap:

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2707151]I’m shure that you like the program! [/QUOTE]

I thought that was implied by the thanks again.
I would’nt give a thanks for bad software .
One reason is I wouldn’t consider that a win but instead it would be a loss.

Congrats, great review, great software.:wink:

Great software indeed and a very nice review. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2707202]I thought that was implied by the thanks again.
I would’nt give a thanks for bad software .
One reason is I wouldn’t consider that a win but instead it would be a loss.[/QUOTE]

Point taken…Sorry that I sound to you as a moron,but as I said in a previous post,not all of us are English speaking graduates.
I don’t mind the critics,but I’m pretty shure that my English is MUCH better than your Dutch!!!:bigsmile:

Well, atm I used an older version of HD Tune and the Freeware Crystal Disk Info. But HD Tune is not the best for some reasons because you can only one drive to see it´s health, not all drives at same time.
CDI is cool, but I can´t get it work with my LSI SAS-controller, it shows no one disk with is attached by the LSI (Win7)
I also use the trial of Sentinel, it shows the LSI-attached drives but I think it´s a bit bothersome.

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2707248]Well, atm I used an older version of HD Tune and the Freeware Crystal Disk Info. But HD Tune is not the best for some reasons because you can only one drive to see it´s health, not all drives at same time.
CDI is cool, but I can´t get it work with my LSI SAS-controller, it shows no one disk with is attached by the LSI (Win7)
I also use the trial of Sentinel, it shows the LSI-attached drives but I think it´s a bit bothersome.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by ‘bothersome’?

Also, thanks for all the kind words guys. They warmed.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2707240]I’m pretty shure that my English is MUCH better than your Dutch!!!:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[B]I’m way past sure on that .[/B]
If I know any Dutch I’m not aware of it .
I know a very common phrase or two of German. Which some might consider bad since my surname is German . But my ancestor with that surname came to the then British colony that became the USA in 1720 & even then he was living in England.

I used and trial and everytime I start PC the sentinel pops up, send warnings which are not needed. I like programs which are silent in the background and only begging me if there is important reason to pop up.
In other words: If everything is ok with the drives I don´t need a big window everytime I start PC, I need it only if something is not ok

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2707264]I used and trial and everytime I start PC the sentinel pops up, send warnings which are not needed. I like programs which are silent in the background and only begging me if there is important reason to pop up.
In other words: If everything is ok with the drives I don´t need a big window everytime I start PC, I need it only if something is not ok[/QUOTE]

Oh, then just turn off the feature that starts the main window when Windows starts. :wink:

I thought I tried it, but the trial is maybe a bit commercial begging you to buy it?

Big thanks Tweakr for the great review :bow:
So happy to hear the software seems useful :slight_smile:

Yes, I can confirm that the un-registered version shows a notification screen on startup to consider registration.
If you do not want it to be displayed on each startup, you can simply disable “load with Windows” option at Configuration -> Preferences page. Then you can be sure that it is not active, it will not display such “nag screen” (and does not monitor the hard disks) and you can manually launch any time manually when required.

If you’d have a full, lifetime registered version (which can be obtained regularly in giveaways if you do not prefer to pay for it) then you can disable the “Display main window when started” at Configuration -> Preferences page. This way Hard Disk Sentinel would really work in the background, show no screen at startup, just monitor and display any problem, issue alerts (if configured) and so.

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2707269]I thought I tried it, but the trial is maybe a bit commercial begging you to buy it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the elaborated explanation, hdsentinel

Yep, Thx

I have no prob to pay for good SW, but how will I know whether the full version do the same like the trial

s