1) The email option mentioned above is to send the user information about a potential drive failure on their own system. Here's the info from its help screen:
Send e-mail: in case of a problem, Hard Disk Sentinel will send an e-mail with the problem description. The e-mail will be delivered as configured on the e-mail configuration page.
As far as I know, HD Sentinel doesn't send any information about your system to an outside location, except in the following cases:
- A program update check (which can be disabled)
- A Test Report used for troubleshooting (which must be explicitly sent to the developer, by the click of a button labeled "Send To Developer")
- The email to the user mentioned above
But (as mentioned in a previous post) if you're really concerned, and don't need/want to take advantage of above exceptions, you can block all outgoing data by configuring your firewall to block the program.
2) HD Sentinel does have a forum (I found out about this forum when I visited theirs). Their forum URL is: http://www.hdsentinel.com/forum/index.php