Happy Thankgiving

vbimport

Here’s wishing everyone a 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American members!

(in a suitable turkey brown font). :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank you , and although I can eat turkey, I do not really care for it, it puts me to sleep, so I eat chicken. LOL:iagree:

Turkey day! Yay! Lots of cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, and turkey at my house this year. Not to mention the pumpkin pies, cake and pink calf-slobber. (the last one is a specialty dessert traditional in my family, so don’t get grossed out) :smiley:

Hope everyone has great holiday.

[I]Recipe for Pink Calf Slobber:
1 can cherry pie filling
1 small can crushed pineapple
2 small cans mandarin oranges
1 medium sized container Cool Whip
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
Chopped nuts of your preference (usually walnuts, pecans or almonds)

Combine ingredients and chill for a few hours. Enjoy.[/I]

Happy Thanksgiving to our US members! :clap:

Happy (belated) Canadian Thanksgiving (Monday, October 13, 2014) to our Canadian friends…

Happy Thanksgiving from Another Texan .
No pink calf slobber but I’ve had similar at other peoples Thanksgiving tables here.

Other than that mines like Kerry’s.
Homemade on the cranberry sauce for me .
No cake but pumpkin pies for sure.
Sweet potatoes just baked (not candied) .
White bread rolls ( just brown & serve. I give mine a dunking in melted butter before browning them.
Cornbread muffins too.
I make cornbread dressing instead of stuffing . The difference is it’s cooked in a casserole dish instead of inside the turkey.
I put the turkey in the oven at 6:45 AM this morning . I got up a 5:15 AM to get it ready by then.
It will be ready to carve about 12:15 PM .

Yes, I misspoke…we make dressing in a separate pan too rather than stuffing. Always with cornbread. :slight_smile:

I do “stuff” my turkey with 2 cups of chopped celery .
Some in the neck cavity & the rest in the body cavity.
Along with some salted lemon juice, sage & fresh ground black pepper.
I don’t eat the celery it is just there to flavor & make the turkey juicy.
When I had a dog she loved the celery from the turkey.
Too bad now it just gets thrown out.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.:wink:

@Alan a pretty poor excuse not to eat turkey it is suppoed to make you fall asleep.:smiley:

Happy T-Day all. :slight_smile:

Happy thanksgiving and Black Friday to everyone! It seems to be the international shopping day. i just tried to buy something from amazon in USA. :bigsmile:
Now Amazon supports direct delivery to china.

[QUOTE=johnson876;2741804]Happy thanksgiving and Black Friday to everyone! It seems to be the international shopping day. i just tried to buy something from amazon in USA. :bigsmile:
Now Amazon supports direct delivery to china.[/QUOTE]

I just did a purchase as well at Amazon got a few good deals. :smiley:

[QUOTE=SexyTec14;2741805]I just did a purchase as well at Amazon got a few good deals. :D[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear.

Some of the websites here in the UK were showing delayed access counters due to server overload.

My wife tried a large UK retailer’s site this morning at 6:30am and even at that unearthly hour it was showing a two minute wait.

One of the guys in work told me the same website was showing an 8 hour wait for him last night which is ridiculous.

[B]Wombler [/B]

I bought about 20 things on Amazon and there was no delay, I get them overnight, even delivered on Thanksgiving