Happy now with my Lite-on

I have an LDW-411s that would very effectively produce a lot of coasters. Kprobe scans would show errors in the 1200 range on PO errors and I don’t remember how high the PI errors were. This would be on any media I used, Ricoh, Memorex, Sony, etc and in any flavor + or -. I would get bettter results occasionally, even error rates down into the high 400’s. Result would still be a dvd that would freeze up before the end of the movie.

I decided to try the 411@811 mod and no change in the results. Tried burning @ different burn rates, I.E. lower burn rates and no effect.

After reading through a lot of posts on this forum I saw that a lot of folks were using Nero 6.3. I was using Nero 5.5.10. I thought to myself that the version of Nero I was using couldn’t possibly make a difference. After all, my version of Nero was supposed to be capable of making a dvd and it recognized my Lite-on even after the 411@811 mod. What could be the problem here.

Now this is not an endorsement for any software package nor a condemnation of any software package, but I was not going to pay Ahead software for another software package to do the same job the software package from them was supposed to be doing already. My solution was to find a freeware package which I did. I am now burning dvd’s with the freebie software and seeing kprobe scans well below 200 and some below 100. While not as good of a scan as I see from other folks, I am now no less the same much happier with my lite-on purchase and able to watch a movie all the way through without it freezing up or seeing the tell-tale pixalation of a badly burnt disc.

It was a revelation to me that the software used to burn the disc with could make that much difference.

You could have also tried the RecordNow burning software that came bundled with your drive.

I’m glad to hear you are getting better burns. :smiley:

you know a funny thing is that I didn’t get any burning software with my lite-on. All it had was My-Sonic DVD with it and all I am able to determine with it is that you can author your own dvd with it and burn only what it authors. I was never able to figure out how to burn anything made with another program with it. The box that my lite-on came in didn’t appear to have been opened, but who knows. Maybe it had been returned and the disc was not put back in or else it just didn’t get one from the factory.

This is very interesting. I have the exact same problem.

What burning software are you using now?

I never found out how to make sonic DVD write a complete discs of pre-made video-ts files.

I am using DVDDecryptor. Found it on vcdhelp.com’s web site. The only drawback is that it will only burn an iso as far as i can tell. So you have to make an iso out of your movie that you want to burn before you can use dvd decrytor. You will also see another program on that web site called burnatonce. Tried that one and it wouldn’t work on my lite-on, but it does make an iso for you to use with dvd decrypter.

Thanks Ruwafl. I’ll check it out and will post some scans later.

good luck with it and look forward to seeing some scans from it.

In some cases RecordNow is ‘hidden’ on the Sonic disc. You have to search for it. Silly I know, but it doesn’t come up in the standard setup file that luanches when you insert the CD.

you were right Ssseth, I looked for it on that disc and found it. I will be burning a movie a liitle later on this morning and will try it out. Will post and let you know how it goes.

here is a scan with tdk dvd+r bookset to dvd-rom burned with Record Now burned @8x

Here is another scan of the same movie on a tdk from the same spindle burned @8x with booktype set to dvd-rom using dvddecrypter

I had a peculiar problem with my Sonic disc.
I browsed through the disc, found the RecordNow installer, but could not launch the setup program no matter what I tried.

In the end, I wound up having to install the entire Sonic ‘suite’ , then going into add remove programs, choosing Change, and then checking the boxes to uninstall all components except RecordNow.

Just an FYI in case anyone else runs into this problem…

Originally posted by wesociety
I browsed through the disc, found the RecordNow installer, but could not launch the setup program no matter what I tried.
In the end, I wound up having to install the entire Sonic ‘suite’ , then going into add remove programs, choosing Change, and then checking the boxes to uninstall all components except RecordNow.
Just an FYI in case anyone else runs into this problem…

I never had this problem… :cool: Read my guide.

Remember to UNINSTALL previous version of RecordNow (ie, Stomp). :slight_smile:

Guide looks good Pinto2,

I realize you didn’t have this problem, but I DID.
My post above demonstrates a nice workaround just in case any one else runs into the same problem as me. (If the MyCDPro exe does not work)

Originally posted by wesociety

Strange… :confused:

Have you had any previous version of RecordNow installed earlier.?
I have seen this on one of my compu, cleaned the registry and installer started!

:slight_smile:
Anybody else experiencing this.?

right click on the .MSI proggy,
then select install from the pop up menu.

what’s hard about that?

Here are my results.

First disc was written with Nero 6.303

This disc was written with DVDdecrypter:

androlight, sorry that didn’t pan out for you. it did wonders for me, but if you keep searching the threads you might come up with something else to try or maybe somebody else can chime in with another option for you. good luck with it:confused:

I remember having a similar problem. I believe the installer was looking for the install files on drive D. I remember I had to copy the install folder to my D drive and then run the install program.