Happy New Year

vbimport

It’s 5 AM, Friday here. Starting today is this year’s New Year’s Day, Seol Nal in Hangul, for those who still celebrate some holidays and birthdays according to lunar calendar.

I’m not going to see my parents and brothers this time. It was at the end of January last year, and I was with my ex-wife, ex-daughter, uncles, aunts, and cousins. I haven’t decided whether I’ll stay alone or not. Relationships almost always cost a bit more than prepared.

Happy Korean New Year, Kenshin! :flower:

Happy Korean New Year from me too, Kenny :flower:

Thank you.

They often call it “Chinese New Year’s Day” just as the lunar calendar is often called Chinese Calendar. Not that it matters. It’s equally alright to say Taiwanese New Year’s Day or Japanese New Year’s Day. :slight_smile:

In South Korea, both the New New Year’s Day and Old New Year’s Day are celebrated but the Old New Year’s Day is a little larger holiday.

Happy New Year!!!

Happy [Korean|Chinese|Taiwanese|Japanese] New Year, [B]Kenshin[/B]! :wink:

Happy New Year Kenshin!!
Well actually the old (Chineese/Korean/Taiwaneese) new year is not a holiday over here in Japan and most people dont even know when it is…Although it is celebrated in Chinatown in Japan as in all other Chinatowns all over the world.

Yes, colorful dragons and loud drums in Antwerp’s Chinatown too :clap: :clap: :clap:

A small irregularity. In South Korea, there are about 20 million Christians and there are Christian churches wherever one look, but people still bow to images of ancestors at Je Sa, and on some other days, and half of all households celebrate New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving day, and some other traditional holidays, and birthdays according to lunar calendar.

In Taiwan and China Towns all over the world… they are louder. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year Kenshin…may the Year of the Pig (my birth year, btw) be a happy and healthy one for you and your family.

Happy New Year everyone!

Yo-

“Gung Hay Fat Choi”