Handling bin and cue files

I have a movie on a bin and cue file in a folder - I can play the bin file on my computer, with VLC player, and Daemon Tools Lite can play the cue file, but I don’t know how to burn it on DVD media for use on my TV screen. This is the type of file that usually produces the “shiny coaster” we dread, and wastes my media.
I just mounted it on Daemon Tools again and found out that it is a DAT File (.DAT) file.
What do I have to do?

Simply open the cue file with any burning application, insert the correct media, and burn.

Can I be sure this will produce a DVD file, playable on a DVD player?

I have a movie in a folder with bin and cue file. When I want to burn with ImgBurn it doesn’t recognize either file. How can I get this movie burned onto DVD media? Thanks for any help!

I don’t have a solution for your problem alsenor, but please refrain from making two posts about the same subject. I have merged your two threads.

Good job, thanks for the help.

Open ImgBurn, click the ‘Write Image File To Disc’ button.

Click the browse button in the ‘Source’ box and select the CUE file.

Insert your blank CD (because BIN/CUE is for burning to CD, not DVD) and burn.

That’s all there is to it.

If you get an error, what exactly does it say?

[QUOTE=alsenor;2193037]I have a movie in a folder with bin and cue file. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have three files in the folder. A cue file is a small text file which holds the information on how to burn the data file. A bin file is the actual data. Those are the only two files needed for the disc. If you also have a “movie file”, then depending on the type of file, you need to convert or author it for DVD use.

If it is only a bin and cue file, then as noted above, it is likely a CD (you can tell for the size of the files), in which case it is either VCD or SVCD format, and not all DVD players can play those discs.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2193258]Open ImgBurn, click the ‘Write Image File To Disc’ button.

Click the browse button in the ‘Source’ box and select the CUE file.

Insert your blank CD (because BIN/CUE is for burning to CD, not DVD) and burn.

That’s all there is to it.

If you get an error, what exactly does it say?[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for that info. It seems to want to work that way, but, unfortunately the CD cannot hold the size of the file.
Error msg:
“There doesn’t seem to be enough space on this dsic to burn this image!”

To sum it up, a cue/bin format is useless to burn onto a DVD, correct? :sad:

Insert a DVD and see if it will burn.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2193476]Insert a DVD and see if it will burn.[/QUOTE]
“Your image doesn’t appear to be of the correct format for burning onto a DVD.”

[QUOTE=alsenor;2193815]“Your image doesn’t appear to be of the correct format for burning onto a DVD.”[/QUOTE]

Makes me wonder where the image came from…

[QUOTE=chef;2194067]Makes me wonder where the image came from…[/QUOTE]
Makes me wonder whether it makes any difference, since, as I was just advised in here, it cannot burn onto a DVD wherever it came from.

Then please exactly tell how the image were created!

I give you ONE guess!
But that was really not the issue here, and I the helpful types in here already gave me all the answers I needed.
Thanks to all.

[QUOTE=alsenor;2195058]I give you ONE guess!
But that was really not the issue here, and I the helpful types in here already gave me all the answers I needed.
Thanks to all.[/QUOTE]

You registered here and accepted the forum rules. Already forgotten??