Handling Bad Discs?

vbimport

I happen to have some old Tayio Yuden discs (Gold Ones) that both of my desktop pc’s drives cannot read,and i can only extract content via isobuster.

I just purchase a new nec slimline drive and it somehow seems to read these discs without needing an extraction software =,but when i playback the media (xvid files) the playback is jerky,which seems to be a problem concerning the discs.

How shall i handle this situation?

Do i damage my drives when i extract contents or force my new drive to play the media?

[QUOTE=therock003;2089444]How shall i handle this situation?[/quote]By reburning the contents to new discs.

Do i damage my drives when i extract contents or force my new drive to play the media?
No. :slight_smile:

I suppose these are CDs, not DVDs, BTW?

They are DVD and they are way to many so reburn is not an option since i can extract with isobuster.

They are some gold tayio yuden i used to burn before the blue ones came out.

Anyway i dont understand how windows cant see the content of a drive and isobuster,can and can also extract them.

Are you sure extracting content from an unreadable source isnt stressing the drives?

Also how come 3 of my drives cant read and my new one can?

Might want to do some errors scans to see how bad it is. I’d be worried about losing my data. At least with gradual degradation you have the chance to make a fresh copy before it’s too late.

I suppose IsoBuster, as a recovery software, is less strict in what it needs to be able to access data, and has the appropriate logic to fill in missing info or ignore non-crucial parts.

Your new drive may be a better reader, the old ones worse, or perhaps they’ve just aged.