Handbrake

Has anyone on here used it? Seems like I can’t get it to send what I’ve copied to the destination folder! Other words you click on send to, then it gives you choices, then you click on it and it does nothing. Thanks

I use Handbrake quite often.

Select the file or folder you are going to convert by clicking Source, then navigate to the correct one.

Set up your encoding parameters as you wish. Then click on Browse at the end of the blank Destination line. Navigate to the area you want the output, make a file name with the correct extension, then click Save. Then click on Start at the top of the main window in Handbrake if you are ready to begin.

In the example below, I’ve set the file name as Test.mkv and have it in the F: drive and in the AVS Output folder.

Okay Thanks! Figured that out! I am ripping Promo Only Music Videos comes out fine! I ripp a Live Music Video and it’s like breaking up! What settings in Handbrake do I need to change? Thanks

Not enough information to tell you what is going on. Compare the format of the two types of music videos by using a program called MediaInfo. (use the Tree view within MediaInfo or the Text view)

You can copy and paste the information here in your thread, though you might want to erase the titles of the videos.

Your output files can also be compared, and you might want show your exact settings within Handbrake.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2697652]Not enough information to tell you what is going on. Compare the format of the two types of music videos by using a program called MediaInfo. (use the Tree view within MediaInfo or the Text view)

You can copy and paste the information here in your thread, though you might want to erase the titles of the videos.

Your output files can also be compared, and you might want show your exact settings within Handbrake.[/QUOTE]I tried the latest version of Handbrake and found it to be complicated so i went back to version 0.9.5 and it works for me. Also 0.9.5 has an option to choose the target size (see my attachment) and i couldnt find anything like that in the latest version. When a video clip is too large to send by my Outlook email, maximum of 10mb, i have to reduce the size of the video and i couldnt find that in the latest version of Handbrake. So, in the latest version, how do i do that please?:smiley:

The guys who write Handbrake took out the target size option. You can do a rough reduction in size by adjusting the bitrate. Change from Constant Quality to Avg. Bitrate encoding mode and use a smaller bitrate on that line.

Or you can use VidCoder. It uses the latest version of Handbrake as its encoding engine, but the user interface still allows you to select a particular output size.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2711054]The guys who write Handbrake took out the target size option. You can do a rough reduction in size by adjusting the bitrate. Change from Constant Quality to Avg. Bitrate encoding mode and use a smaller bitrate on that line.

Or you can use VidCoder. It uses the latest version of Handbrake as its encoding engine, but the user interface still allows you to select a particular output size.

http://vidcoder.codeplex.com/[/QUOTE] Thank You, that`s excellent information. Seems VidCoder may be the answer for me. Could you suggest where i can download it please?:iagree: Sorry, just noticed your link. Cheers

^Click on the link I provided on the last line of my post.

A bit late, it seems, as you already found it.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2711056]^Click on the link I provided on the last line of my post.

A bit late, it seems, as you already found it.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I progressed as far as you see in my attachment, how do i start the encoding please?:wink:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2711057]Thanks. I progressed as far as you see in my attachment, how do i start the encoding please?;)[/QUOTE]Once again found it. it appears that the setting has to be done and go off that page back to the main where encode is. Thanks again.:iagree:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2711058]Once again found it. it appears that the setting has to be done and go off that page back to the main where encode is. Thanks again.:iagree:[/QUOTE]Well, ive tried VidCoder a few times now and for me its easy to use and a “target size” is an option where other doesn`t have that.:bow:

Hello again, i have VidCoder version 1.4.24.0(x86) installed. Is it necessary to delete the video files under recent, and if so how to do it please? see my attachment.:wink:

No, its not necessary to delete the recently used files. Just ignore that when bringing in a new file and click on Video File, or DVD/Blu Ray folder, depending on the source.

Once you click on Video File, it will jump you into the folder where your last source was, but you can navigate to a new one.

If you would prefer that VidCoder doesn’t remember your last project, go to Tools–>Options–>Advanced, and take the check mark out of the box next to the line that says [I]Remember previously used files and folders. [/I]Then click Ok.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2711064]No, its not necessary to delete the recently used files. Just ignore that when bringing in a new file and click on Video File, or DVD/Blu Ray folder, depending on the source.

Once you click on Video File, it will jump you into the folder where your last source was, but you can navigate to a new one.

If you would prefer that VidCoder doesn’t remember your last project, go to Options–>Advanced, and take the check mark out of the box next to the line that says [I]Remember previously used files and folders. [/I]Then click Ok.[/QUOTE]Thanks great work.:iagree:

wow great program better than hanbreak love the set target size

[QUOTE=firefly33;2711079]wow great program better than hanbreak love the set target size[/QUOTE] I agree:iagree: entirely, VidCoder is straight forward, easy to use, and doesn`t contain overdone technical stuff and having the “target size” is great. The needs of the user are catered for fully by the developers, not like some that rely on heavy technical which only serves to confuse.:bow: