Handbrake 9.4 problems

vbimport

It seems that the latest version of Handbrake couldn’t read the subtitles within an MKV video file…

I tried using handbrake for both MAC and PC but with no luck all, anyone one faced this problem?

Can you extract them using MKVExtract?

[QUOTE=OwaziO;2546204]It seems that the latest version of Handbrake couldn’t read the subtitles within an MKV video file…

I tried using handbrake for both MAC and PC but with no luck all, anyone one faced this problem?[/QUOTE]

Does the mkv files itself play correctly from beginning to end first? That would be something one should make sure first.

Can you extract them using MKVExtract?

Yes i did and it works great. However, i would like to use handBrake as my primary option.

Does the mkv files itself play correctly from beginning to end first? That would be something one should make sure first.

Yes, it does and i can change the audio and subtitles as while using VLC.

Any ideas about this problem? could someone try using HandBrake please ( it didn’t work for me therefor i would someone to try it )

What are you trying to do? Handbrake outputs as mkv or mp4, are you trying to convert an mkv to mp4? If so, why? I use it all the time to convert dvd to mp4, never tried mkv as input.

I am trying to convert an MKV file (7 GB) to (4GB) so that it fits to my FAT 32 HDD. However, when i convert the 7 GB video file i can’t include the subtitles that are within the MKV 7 GB video file, it was working with the previous versions of HandBrake but not with HandBrake 9.4

By convert do you mean to mp4 or are you just trying to “shrink” the mkv file to another mkv file? As I said, I’ve not tried using mkv as input and unfortunately don’t have any to play with right now. Why not look for the version of Handbrake that worked and reinstall it.?

I am trying to shrink the MKV i tried searching for the old version still didn’t find any for PC. However, i did find for mac HandBrake 7.0 but it freezes every time i load a video.

At the first image i am able to play the video with the built in subtitles working as they should be.

At the second image i used the same video to determine if i am able to brows for the subtitles that are within the video which i have played in image 1. it seems that i can’t brows for the subtitle, after all i believe it’s a problem from handbrake if i am not mistaken.

Any ideas

Note: i have tried using MKV extract and MKV merge to extract the subtitles and add them back again in HandBrake but this methods annoys me for many reasons.

Note: MKV or MP4 it’s the same thing…

They have some older versions here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HandBrake/old-versions#download