"Hancock" does not copy

vbimport

Hancock, which was released today, does not copy. (using 5.1.1.0)

It stops at 99.12% and will not go any further. I tried to copy to a DVD and also to the hard drive. No difference.

There are four similar ‘titles’ at 1:33 and one a few minutes shorter. DVDFab chooses the first one, but I also tried to copy the others. They all stopped just before it was complete. When it doesn’t complete, the .BUP and .IFO files aren’t written.

When DVDFab does its original analysis, it takes much longer than usual, but it completes that and goes into copy mode.

This disk has a PC Clickme.exe and a Mac Clickme,stx file in the root and other folders.

The movie plays fine on the PC with DVDX Player 4.1 Professional, but chapters are not .accessible.

Is this is a new copy protection system that DVDFab has not yet seen and unraveled?

Has anyone else tried to copy Hancock?

I just tried to copy Hancock with 5.1.1.8 beta - same problem: stopped at 99.13% (and the time elapsed indicator stopped). Had to cancel after 15 minutes of no activity.

I have copied Hancock with newest beta in movie only with no problems (RC2).

Same here no problem using 5.1.1.8 beta & PathPlayer enabled, verbatim media and burning at 12X, Just a thought here is PP enabled and are you in the SAO mode ?

Copied it with 5.1.0.0 with PathPlayer enabled Main Movie (I don’t ususually do Full Disc).

NOTE: I did get that “stoppage” right at the end of the process when I tried with PathPlayer disabled.

No problem with DVDFab Plat 5.1.1.0 Full Disc, Pathplayer enabled on Win XP Home using imgburn.

My bad!

I had Pathplayer enabled before, but one of the recent updates must have changed that setting - it wasn’t on. I turned it back on and Hancock copied fine. I guess I’ll have to check the copy protection options each time I update to a new version in the future.

Jimbo: What is the SAO mode?

Thanks everybody.

In common settings write- write type instead of auto choose SAO

I had no problems with hancock r1 widescreen.

[quote=joelrosado;2163770]Hancock, which was released today, does not copy. (using 5.1.1.0)

It stops at 99.12% and will not go any further. I tried to copy to a DVD and also to the hard drive. No difference.

There are four similar ‘titles’ at 1:33 and one a few minutes shorter. DVDFab chooses the first one, but I also tried to copy the others. They all stopped just before it was complete. When it doesn’t complete, the .BUP and .IFO files aren’t written.

When DVDFab does its original analysis, it takes much longer than usual, but it completes that and goes into copy mode.

This disk has a PC Clickme.exe and a Mac Clickme,stx file in the root and other folders.

The movie plays fine on the PC with DVDX Player 4.1 Professional, but chapters are not .accessible.

Is this is a new copy protection system that DVDFab has not yet seen and unraveled?

Has anyone else tried to copy Hancock?[/quote]

Hancock CLONES 100% no problem in any menus or Playback in standalone players either. 7.95 GB total movie size cloned. ( R1 US & Canada )

( I used 5.1.1.8 Beta though, Not 5.1.1.0 )