Hammer and anvil

Hey, Dee-ehn, I hope you’re not implying anything insulting about anvils with your location (between the hammer and the anvil). There’s something very satisfying about beating the crap out of a piece of hot (and I mean glowing white, none of this namby-pamby red stuff) steel on one’s favourite anvil. The sweat running down your face, sparks flying every which way, the smell of burning coke (no, NOT the white stuff!). Aaah, wonderful times.

Anvil lovers of the world unite!

I must admit that there are times, though, when I feel like putting the computer on said anvil instead of the steel :slight_smile:

P.S. You’ll love the land of Oz. Victoria’s a great place, wonderful people and scenery.
And then there’s Melbourne.
Nice place to visit (but I wouldn’t want to live there, as the poet said :wink: )
And yes, you are heading into our winter - Melbourne, unfortunately, tends to be pretty cold and wet, but don’t worry, it won’t take long to grow webbed feet. :bigsmile:

Yes, indeed. There is nothing quite as satisfying as beating a co-worker to death with a crow bar… None of this pansy “Severe Trauma”, I mean terminal, final, death. :a

Let me guess:

According to his avatar Dee-ehn is a Judas Priest fan. Therefor I reckon “between the hammer and the anvil” refers to a song from their album “Painkiller”.

Anyone should listen to that album by the way. It’s one of the best albums ever made.

Metallian got it right. Judas Priests albums Painkiller and Jugulator are great, and “Between the hammer and the anvil” is one of m favourite songs (among quite some others).

If this location is insulting (or whatsoever) to anybody here, feel free to tell me, I’ll change it :slight_smile:

the most satisfying experience would be a la office space w/the copier.

OK, I stand (or in this case sit) corrected. Not having heard any of said groups no doubt awe-inspiring, gut-wrenching, soul-searing, tear-jerking songs, I naturally took anvil for it’s literal meaning - to whit, something on which to bash the crap out of of a piece of hot steel.
Siily me. I forgot I’m getting old and that there’s a generational gap (or 2!) here. I guess I’ll just pull my head in, get out the old record player and put on an LP, maybe Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin, or perhaps Blind Faith.

Anyhow, I still love my anvil :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dik
[B]OK, I stand (or in this case sit) corrected. Not having heard any of said groups no doubt awe-inspiring, gut-wrenching, soul-searing, tear-jerking songs, I naturally took anvil for it’s literal meaning - to whit, something on which to bash the crap out of of a piece of hot steel.
Siily me. I forgot I’m getting old and that there’s a generational gap (or 2!) here. I guess I’ll just pull my head in, get out the old record player and put on an LP, maybe Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin, or perhaps Blind Faith.

Anyhow, I still love my anvil :slight_smile: [/B]

LOL :slight_smile:

btw It kind of amazes me that you don’t know Judas Priest as they’ve been quite some years in the business and have been really popular (especially in the UK). Their first album was released in 1974 (their latest in 2001) and they’ve had hits with “Turbo lover” and “Living after midnight” (those two songs aren’t like by the most JP fans btw).

Deep purple and Led zeppelin are quite good btw :slight_smile:

You’re talking about 1 or 2 generation gaps, dik.
That makes me wonder what age you are.

Well, Metallian, it’s like this…
When I look in a mirror (not a pretty sight, btw) I think, man, am I really that old? ‘Cuz from the inside looking out I don’t feel as old as what I see. Unfortunately, the memory is going, along with the hair, and the ol’ body is starting to creak and groan when I ask it to do things I could do 25 years ago without a thought.

The brain is so cluttered with the accumulated detritus (sounds good, huh?) of all those years that I wish I could give it a good de-frag and clear out the rubbish.

The other thing about getting old is the mind starts to wander and one has a tendency to… lose track… of what… one’s… talking… about…

dik, it seems to me that your last remark about losing track is not really true. It’s obvious you can put it all into perspective.

Also, it can only be a good thing for you to mingle with all us young CDfreaks visitors. That will certainly help to prevent your mind of going the same way as your body.

And as the saying goes: Wisdom comes with your age. (don’t know if that’s applicable to everyone, though) So maybe you can share some of your (in all those years) accumulated wisdom with us youngsters.

This way, we are all helping each other out. :wink:

By the way, a comforting thing to know might be the fact that when I look into a mirror it isn’t a pretty sight either. :bigsmile:

Metallian, I like you! You say nice things about me!

You is GOOD :bigsmile:

That sounds much more cheerful!

(I think I’m gonna quit my job and start a psychiatric practice :bigsmile: )