Halo PC

Help!

I want to backup my copy of Halo PC to keep the original safe as I do with all my games, but everytime I try to copy it with Nero or Blindread it gives me an error.

Does anyone know what protection is on this disk and if so what do I do or use to get around this and back up the disk?

:confused:

Yes it uses SafeDisc 2.9 and can be copied using CloneCD, Alcohol 120% or even BlindWrite Suite. I would make the image in CloneCD and burn it using Alcohol 120%. Don’t know why, but I like making my images in CloneCD. :smiley:

I tried useing Blindsuite, but it gave errors and kept on dropping the speed of the read until it got to x1 and then predicted 48 hours! Did I do something wrong? :confused:

Originally posted by lalaland
I tried useing Blindsuite, but it gave errors and kept on dropping the speed of the read until it got to x1 and then predicted 48 hours! Did I do something wrong? :confused:

Errors are normal, it’s part of the protection. I’d recommend Alcohol 120% - Blindwrite might work but I don’t own it so can’treally speak to it’s strengths. After the first ~10,000 sectors it should speed up.

I made the image, of halo, with clone cd, and am planning to burn with alcohol 120%.

In alcohol there is an option for “Bypass EFM errors” Do i want this on or off?

And secondly which burn mode do i want? DAO? Raw DAO? Raw SAO +sub?

Its a UK game, and i have a liteon 32123 40x40x12 cdrw drive

Cheers.

Originally posted by eddorey2k3
[B]I made the image, of halo, with clone cd, and am planning to burn with alcohol 120%.

In alcohol there is an option for “Bypass EFM errors” Do i want this on or off?

And secondly which burn mode do i want? DAO? Raw DAO? Raw SAO +sub?

Its a UK game, and i have a liteon 32123 40x40x12 cdrw drive

Cheers. [/B]

I made the image, of halo, with clone cd, and am planning to burn with alcohol 120%.

why reading with clonecd and writing with alcohol 120% :confused: much easier to use alcohol 120% for both reading and writing

In alcohol there is an option for “Bypass EFM errors” Do i want this on or off?

turn it off, since you have a “2 sheep” Lite-On writer you dont need it.

And secondly which burn mode do i want? DAO? Raw DAO? Raw SAO +sub?

use RAW DAO

Well I managed to backup my Halo CD so thanks for the help.

Only problem is that half way through loading (further than before) Halo asks for the original disk and recognises my backup to be a backup and rejects it.

I used CloneCD to read and write the disk as Nero 6 refused (errors).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Originally posted by lalaland
[B]Well I managed to backup my Halo CD so thanks for the help.

Only problem is that half way through loading (further than before) Halo asks for the original disk and recognises my backup to be a backup and rejects it.

I used CloneCD to read and write the disk as Nero 6 refused (errors).

Any ideas?

Thanks [/B]

Yeah, Use clonecd to read, and Alcohol 120% to write. Set the speed nice and low, maybe 6x and select the profile as “safedisc 2” in alcohol. Tell me how it goes, But it should work.

Hmm. Safedisc 2.9 you say. My version bought in the UK @ Game store is safedisc 2.70.30 as reported by the utility YaPS.
My Lite-On LTR 40125S copied it no problem using the latest versions of DiscDump and Fireburner. Installs and loads perfectly even after the patch:)

Lalaland

Try running your copy from a CD-Rom or DVD-Rom if you have one on your system. If you must try to run the copy from a burner you will need to run CloneCD tray, and enable “Hide CD-R media”

uk version is definately safedisc v2.7.30 copies fine with usual
applications ie alcohol/bw/ ccd
may depend on the ability of your cd writer as to the success of your copy. follow this 1st class guide.http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=50778 :smiley:

i made a copy with alcohal, it works fine too! dont bother with anything else!

I ran it on my other PC as it’s got a DVD rom on it, but Windows says that Halo has caused an error and must close each time. :frowning:

I don’t have a CD rom on either machine, just CDrw’s and DVDr, would these do?

Mayby some other faults,

my copy did not run either, but when i installed the halo
patch the game worked very well

Does anyone know if the same copy will work on two machines on the network in lan play or would the software pick up the same serial and refuse to run on one? (not that I would do this, just curious in the interest of science etc.):wink: