HALF of dvd's burned don't read

I’ve had the LG GSA-H54N for a while and have never had any problems. Recently, I decided to start burning my collection of movies on my external HDD onto dvd’s. Once again, everything has been going well only until recently. HALF of the dvd’s I’ve burned don’t read. I toss them in my Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2512 and same problem, it takes 2 mins making noises trying to read the thing, but sais there’s nothing. I ran Nero InfoTool, and it was able to detect the dvd as well as the label of the dvd (that one happened to be ‘Pure Comedy 1’). One of the dvd’s, my DVD-ROM can’t read while my LG Burner can… this whole thing seems very random although I definitely feel like there’s a clear solution out there. THANKS!!

Are these RW medias? Welcome to the forum.

Nope, LG DVD-R (weird thing is it doesn’t say + or -). And thanks, glad to be here.

[QUOTE=LXXIII;1951139]Nope, LG DVD-R (weird thing is it doesn’t say + or -). And thanks, glad to be here.[/QUOTE]

Try the +R for they work best and try those to see your errors will stop.

So you think the problem is the dvd’s I got?

K, I got RiDATA blank dvd’s and when I go to burn, the available speeds are 00 kb/s and 00 kb/s. It ends up burning normally at a decent speed but the DVD is once again unreadable. :S

[QUOTE=LXXIII;1963180]K, I got RiDATA blank dvd’s and when I go to burn, the available speeds are 00 kb/s and 00 kb/s. It ends up burning normally at a decent speed but the DVD is once again unreadable. :S[/QUOTE]

Get better media like Verbatim & TY!