Half light

vbimport

i used dvd fab express to do this movie.i always use powerdvd to make sure the movie was ok and it was.when i put it in our philips dvd player and it would come up to where you would push the play button.it seems like it was going to work but it didnt work.i also put it in my sons xbox and it worked there to.i dont understand why it wouldnt work in our dvd player,thank you for any help… :rolleyes:

@ davidl1l,

Most likely the problem is related to the blank DVD media used to record the DVD. Suggest using known high quality blank DVD and re-record the DVD.

Suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) to obtain information on known proven reliable blank DVD media.

Best Regards,
bjkg

i use memorex or some other dvd+r media and i have about 60 other movies useing this media and they all worked.so i dont think its that.any other sugestion would help. :disagree:

Memorex media isn’t regarded very highly here. While you may have had success previously, it doesn’t mean those backups were ‘good’, nor does that guarantee future success. It would be a shame if those backups failed on you at a later date, which is not as uncommon as you might think.

As bjkg suggested, trying different media would be a good first step.

@ davidl1l,

Suggest using the Forum’s magic ‘Search’ and research how many problems have been reported by other Forum Members using Memorex DVD media. It is known proven fact that Memorex DVD media is extremely suspect and knowledgeable users avoid.

Once again suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) to obtain information on known proven reliable blank DVD media. In many circles Taiyo Yuden (TY) media is consider quality top of the line media. Rima.Com (http://www.rima.com) is reliable source of Taiyo Yuden (TY) media. Locally FujiFilm or Sony media is quality media if the package clearly states ‘Made In Japan’. Avoid (do not purchase) FujiFilm or Sony media that is manufacture in any other country other than ‘Made In Japan’ because the quality is unknown and considered suspect.

Suggest using Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_410.zip) and perform a ScanDisc and DiscQuality scan on your recorded Memorex DVD media. A properly burned backup copy of a DVD should not contain any Bad (Red) Sectors and have a 100% quality score. Anything less indicates that the backup copy DVD is ‘defective’ and will prove to be problematic when viewed. Just because a backup copy of a DVD appears to play properly now is not an indication that it will play properly in the future.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I stopped using anything with the name Memorex years ago there cdrs were bad and it did no go to email there company.

first of all i always use cheap blank dvd media with out no problem.the movie does work like i say in my post.just not on my philips dvd player.so that should tell you something.is there any settings that i could change on my philips dvd player…lets just get away from my dvd media that i use,thank you for any help…

sorry. people on this forum won’t get away from what you’re using for dvd media. You’d be surprised what a difference quality media will make. changing media is the first, most basic, and easiest troubleshooting step. If you’re not interested in listening to some of the most knowledgeable members on this forum then, well…I don’t know what to tell you.

taiyo yuden media from www.rima.com or verbatim media with MCC media codes are the most trusted.

also, we’ve had plenty of new posters say “it can’t be media because that’s what I’ve always used” who we’ve gotten to switch, and guess what? no more problems. there are no guarantees that the media you’re using now is the same media you used 2 months ago or even last week even if the labels are the same. please do a forum search for “memorex” to see why this is true and why cheap wuality brands should not be trusted.

Then good luck in a year or maybe two when you’re trying to watch the movie again.

Hello Folks,

It amazes me when a newbie comes running to the Forum for assistance and when informed as to what is causing his problem all of sudden becomes totally informed and skeptical and doubtful of the advice provided by more knowledgeable Forum members.

What person in the right mind would purposely use cheap blank DVD media?

Top of the line Taiyo Yuden media is virtually the same price as questionable Memorex media. What is the advantage of using cheap questionable media when the price for quality top of line Taiyo Yuden is the same?

If a knowledgeable Forum member suggested using an excellent diagnostic tool such as Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_410.zip) and perform a ScanDisc and DiscQuality scan on my questionable suspect Memorex DVD recorded media to check for burning errors I believe I would take the hint.

Best Regards,
bjkg

some might think that since cheap cdrs seem to work as good as most that cost a lot more that cheap DVDs would also. When I first started burning I thought why pay for a name and used cheap media it did take a while before I learned I had not only wasted my money on the cheap ones but my time. First went to Pro disc then went to Taiyo Yuden since if you are going to invest the time to burn them why not burn them on the best.

first of all im not a newbie…i may be on here but im not…ive read all these post really good and im going to take some of your advise…im not trying to bash anyone on here ok…i thank you all for your help…ps i did learn something new… :iagree:

there’s absolutely no offense intended toward you, but if yo’re using memorex media and insisting that they work well because you have never had problems before then that will make you a “newbie” in anyone’s eyes.

also, referring to media by brand name and not media ID is another sign of a newbie.

there’s nothing wrong with it, but take the advice of the people on here!

(do some searches on media codes, memorex, and quality and that should be enough to scare you into never touching “memorex” media again for fear of what might be inside the package)

its over…get over it…i found out it was my dvd player…i bought the same brand and my cheap dvds are working just fine… :clap:

like i said, i did not mean any offense to you. i posted it for your own edification and to increase your knowledge.

i’m glad everything is working for you, but you’d know that the same brand does NOT mean that you bought the same discs if you did a search as we have all recommended.

@ reasonsnotrules,

Why waist you time attempting to educate a newbie that has clearly indicated that he has no intention of obtaining any knowledge?

Best Regards,
bjkg