Half Life

vbimport

Does anyone on the forum know how to get Half Life, Counter Strike etc to work on XP under multiple user setup?

It works ok under my account (Main User and administrator), but with any other user accounts (either limited or full access) will not run at all. If they adjust the parameters from the desktop shortcut to run the games under my account then no problems - but that defeats the object of having the multiple accounts as they need my password!! (Got to keep some bits away from the kids :slight_smile: )

Any help much appreciated.
:smiley:

Originally posted by navigator
[B]Does anyone on the forum know how to get Half Life, Counter Strike etc to work on XP under multiple user setup?

It works ok under my account (Main User and administrator), but with any other user accounts (either limited or full access) will not run at all. If they adjust the parameters from the desktop shortcut to run the games under my account then no problems - but that defeats the object of having the multiple accounts as they need my password!! (Got to keep some bits away from the kids :slight_smile: )

Any help much appreciated.
:smiley: [/B]

It seems there are some problems while trying to install or play certain games that are safdisk protected in Windows Xp (if you are not logged as the administrator)

Read this news posting and maybe you’ll get a solution :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=3425

Thanks, but its not the safedisc problem - the software has a key when installed to check itself, and does not need a disc to run.

Its to do with the administrator/limited account status, but wish I could bypass the check so that it runs.

Will keep trying:mad: