Haegemonia, Ring Protech profile and CloneCD 4.2.0.2

vbimport

Hi,

Well, i don’t know who made this profile but i would kiss him/her if i could : it worked perfectly for backuping this game ! One strange thing : the cdrw i used for can only work in my Plextor burner : why ?

Kickaha

Your thanks are always appreciated by the team here :slight_smile:

Plextors are famous for producing backups that only work in the burner itself.

Same rig with the non-playing device?

I never succeed in burning a working CDRW backup of HAEGEMONIA or ROBIN HOOD both protected by RingProtech .

I think that there is something more than all these unreadable sectors (ring), it might also explain why your backup doesn’t work except in the plextor burner .

Note that I have a liteon 48125S and I checked both alcohol120 and CloneCD without success .

May be the way plextor read (or write) some data (unredable part or not) is not exactly as little on .

I would appreciate some other RingProtech results .

Olivier

Haegemonia does produce some odd results.

I’ve been able to copy it successfully with my old Ltr-24102b (never tried with my Asus CRW-5224A) using both CloneCD and alcohol but both blindwrite and the discdump (read with laserlock mode)/fireburner (or cdrdao) method failed.

Whilst blindwrite failing wasn’t a surprise as it seldom works properly on my system, discdump/fireburner is totally reliable and had no difficulties at all in copying Iron Storm (also Ring Protech) successfully.

Whilst blindwrite failing wasn’t a surprise as it seldom works properly on my system, discdump/fireburner is totally reliable and had no difficulties at all in copying Iron Storm (also Ring Protech) successfully.

Here is some food for thought…

I don’t know if clony is wrong, so take this with a grain of salt, this is cd 1 and cd 2 of Iron Storm U.S. version. I was just scanning all my games again to double check protections.

The .exe scans SafeDisk 2.80.

Oh yes and it copied with blindwrite no problem,

Iron Storm uses different prots in different countries. Here in oz both cd1 and cd2 are ring protech protected. However, my understanding is that the US version is sd 2.8 so clony probably has cd2 correct in your case.

Hi FutureProof,

Well, when i use my cdrw on my Asus cdrom drive, it won’t run at all : i can see hd access but nothing more : as said im my last post, it works fine in my cd burner ( Plextor ). i don’t know technically why.

Kickaha

KickAha please
can u post the settings you used…or the link u followed to have them…
Is the version of the game u burned “European” one?..protected with “protech ring”?

I have strange problem with this game …it-version…

The game freeze when launched (installs ok) …i get black desktop and white arrow of the mouse…and at that point i have to restart my PC.
Is strange cause with the same settings i back-upped Roland Garros 2003 …a Wanadoo game too protected (i suppose) with the same protection…
Thank u!!

Like i posted few minutes ago…i have problems launching Haegemonia from my back-up…now i tried the original …and have the same problem with the freezing of my machine after “a black desktop with the only white arrow of the mouse”…so it’s not a problem of the back-up but of something else …don’t know…thanx u!:confused:

Hi,

Well, i backupped the European version on a Plextor 2410A (ide ) under W98se with CloneCD 4.2.0.2; i used the Ring Protech profile found here.

Hope this help.

I patched it to 1.07 with official european patch and now it launches really faster than before ( with the backup cdrom inside the Plextor driver ).

Kickaha

ps : my video graphic card : GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB; directX 9.0a