Hacking?

Lately I’ve got a lot of theese lock messages to my email:

JSH,

Your account on Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 80.58.205.40

Don’t forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,
Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power team

Is there a way to stop/trace the one that keeps on doing this (it’s almost always the same IP)?

/JSH

inetnum: 80.58.205.0 - 80.58.205.255
netname: RIMA
descr: TELEFONICA DE ESPANA
descr: Provider Local Registry

Send an email to their abuse-mailbox (nemesys [AT] telefonica [DOT] es) with the date and IP address and they might be able to trace the person.

More info: RIPE Database

I had a quick check and can confirm that we previously banned a spammer with a similar IP address of 80.58.205.39, so it seems like this person may be trying to hijack someone else’s account, although it is not clear why they are targeting yours, since this is your first post. :rolleyes:

For now, if you have not already done so, I would recommend changing your password to something quite strong, with a few numbers and a non-alphanumeric character, such as a ‘*’, ‘&’, etc.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve done now; 20+ chars with both lower and upper case letters as well as numbers mixed in. :smiley:

/JSH