Hack My Wii - troy512's official wii hacking guide - discussion thread

Mr. B, yeah, it is pretty much as easy as 1 - 2 - 3…
Also made backups of original disks on the HDD using USB loader…works flawlessly and very fast too…now I do not have to bring the original discs anymore

[QUOTE=troy512;2499909]updated the Hack My Wii package, now includes

updated:
-priiloader v0.3 r73
-usb loader gx r919
-cIOS202-v5
-cIOS222-v5
-cIOS223-v5
-cIOS224-v5

downgraded:
-mplayer ce v0.76[/QUOTE]

Is it worth updating the Wii over this? I am a bit reluctant to update something that already works (don’t fix what ain’t broken)…

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2499957]Is it worth updating the Wii over this? I am a bit reluctant to update something that already works (don’t fix what ain’t broken)…[/QUOTE] See post #8, i wouldn’t do it on a black wii.

everything i include in the Hack My Wii package is tested by me before i ever upload it. you can trust what i post. however, i have to fully agree, if it aint broke, dont fix it. :slight_smile:

i have an older LU55 wii with the vulnerable boot1 which allows me to install bootmii/boot2. this way i can create and restore a NAND backup. the wii stores everything in the NAND, so if i were to ever [and i have] completely screw up my wii [at the software level] i can always restore it.

even with a brand new wii, the only [U]really[/U] dangerous thing you can do is messing with the IOS. pimp my wii can change many IOS, however it is very very safe. pimp my wii can not uninstall anything and can not install bad versions.

thanks

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2498845]Downloaded WBFS manager, tried this tutorial and am now copying Wii backups from my PC to my external WBS formatted HDD (500 GB WBFS partition and 500 GB NTFS partition)…

Tomorrow when weekend started, I will try to get the HDD working on the Wii…looking forward to play Mario Kart[/QUOTE]

Cool . . . :clap:

I have a hacked US Wii on 3.2U firmware that I hacked with the Twilight Hack. I burn discs using ImgBurn and change IOS to 249 and run them via Backup Loader on the Homebrew Channel.
How could i follow this guide to update my Wii to the most current hack? Also, would i then lose the ability to play any of the backup DVDs I already have?

I’m very illiterate about all this stuff. HELP!!!

follow from beginning to end, do not skip any steps.

you will not lose any functionality.

had complaints at another site latest package archive may have been corrupt.

new package uploaded, reported as working. :slight_smile:

thanks troy512. do i need to update to 4.something before following the guide???
The reason i’m interested is because i’ve tried running newer game burns (like Boy and His Blob, New Super Mario Bros Wii etc.) and they just don’t work at all.

[QUOTE=troy512;2500190]i have an older LU55 wii with the vulnerable boot1 which allows me to install bootmii/boot2. this way i can create and restore a NAND backup.[/quote] Same here. I’m amazed that priiloader and bootmii aren’t fighting each other. They both work flawlessly.

pimp my wii can change many IOS, however it is very very safe. pimp my wii can not uninstall anything and can not install bad versions.
My guess is, if pimp my wii updated everything, you don’t need to un-/install ios’es via the wad manager? Would occasionally running pimp my wii, to check if you got the latest ios editions, be enough to keep your wii’s ios’es up to date?

[QUOTE=cddudereborn;2500419]thanks troy512. do i need to update to 4.something before following the guide???
The reason i’m interested is because i’ve tried running newer game burns (like Boy and His Blob, New Super Mario Bros Wii etc.) and they just don’t work at all.[/QUOTE]

no. bannerbomb exploit works for system menu 3.0 to 4.2. however, properly following the guide will update your wii to 4.1, or if already on 4.2 you will stay on 4.2

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2500444]Same here. I’m amazed that priiloader and bootmii aren’t fighting each other. They both work flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

bootmii and priiloader install and work completely different of each other.

please see this thread Understanding Bootmii Installed in boot2

bootmii/boot2 installs into the boot2 area of the wii. boot2 is the first re-writable area of the wii. bootmii is just an app which allows the loading of system menu, homebrew channel or creating a NAND backup.

bootmii/boot2 was originally created to completely bypass all the original nintendo software. one could load bootmii and have endless possibilities to perform any type of homebrew. for bootmii to function all you need is to have it installed and a functional boot1.

priiloader actually installs into the system menu. changing the way the system menu functions. as such you can access the priiloader screen before the original system menu loads. priiloader is dependent on a mostly functional system menu and functional system menu IOS. priiloader can be easily removed by reinstalling the system menu or rendered completely useless by removing the system menu IOS.

My guess is, if pimp my wii updated everything, you don’t need to un-/install ios’es via the wad manager? Would occasionally running pimp my wii, to check if you got the latest ios editions, be enough to keep your wii’s ios’es up to date?

running pimp my wii 1.32 will fully update all the IOS [except IOS58, required for Your Shape]. when nintendo releases new IOS or updates any of the current IOS, then pimp my wii will also have to be updated to handle the new IOS versions. however you could still safely use the older pimp my wii, just will not have option to install the new IOS.

when nintendo releases new IOS or system channels, pimp my wii will be updated and you could safely install the new versions without losing any homebrew or original nintendo functionality.

updated package, now includes:

[ul]
[li]cIOS249-rev19 [IOS57 base]
[/li][li]cIOS250-rev19 [IOS57 base]
[/li][li]NeoGamma R8 RC5
[/li][/ul]

I finally got around to using USB loader . . . I’m using an old Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive in a sata docking station. It seems to be working fine.

Thanks for all the tips, tools and tricks.

your welcome

updated package, now contains:

FCE Ultra GX v3.1.4
NeoGamma R9 Beta 1
Snes9X GX v4.1.6
USB Loader GX r921

What’s in the Hack My Wii Package?

AnyTitle Deleter MOD v6b
AnyTitle Deleter database.txt
Bannerbomb alpha v1 and v2
FCE Ultra GX v3.1.4
FCE Ultra GX Forwarder
HackMii Installer v0.6 beta
Homebrew Browser v0.3.8
MPlayer CE v0.76
MPlayer CE Forwarder
NeoGamma R9 Beta 1
NeoGamma Forwarder
Pimp My Wii v1.32
Priiloader v0.3c r77
Priiloader hacks.ini
Snes9X GX v4.1.6
Snes9X GX Forwarder
USB Loader GX r921
USB Loader GX Forwarder
WAD Manager v1.5
cIOS202-v5
cIOS222-v5
cIOS223-v5
cIOS224-v5
cIOS249-rev19 [IOS38 base]
cIOS250-rev19 [IOS38 base]

how does this affect the instructions at the beginning of the post?

it doesnt, when the actual guide changes, the first post will be updated.

guide updated

re-wrote the steps for hacking system menu 4.2 and installing cIOS.
cIOS are now installed using Pimp My Wii v1.40

updated hack My Wii package, added
Pimp My Wii v1.40

updated Hack My Wii package, removed
AnyTitle Deleter MOD v6
database.txt
cIOS wads [now installed using Pimp My Wii]

updated Pimp My Wii offline files, now includes
IOS37
IOS38
IOS57

[QUOTE=troy512;2508341]updated Pimp My Wii offline files, [/QUOTE]

thx 4 da guide man…spot on

Not sure if anyone else getting a CRC error on extracting these, but fyi getting this when extracting from the orig link in post 1:

“! \pimp my wii offline files.zip: CRC failed in pimp my wii offline files\RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v449.wad. The file is corrupt”

ne1 else?

will re-upload these right now.

re-packed and re-uploaded the ‘pimp my wii offline files’

the first post contains links to a mediafire folder. i can upload any files to the folder and the link will always remain updated.