Hack My Wii Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;2567160]thanks for the great guide, 4.3E is now working with Super Smash Bros Brawl too, how does it work?[/QUOTE]

actually there is now a new version waiting to be released which is compatible with 4.3E and the first ever exploit for 4.3K. you can read about it at gbatemp.

thanks for the info troy,

Thanks for the guide.

Can you tell me what is the version of HackMii installer in your package? What about other SW?

Thanks,
swede

Hi,

I got to step 4 but when I run Multi WAD Batch Installer I get black screen saying Exception (DSI) occurred + some memory dump…

What should I do?

[QUOTE=swedenxxx;2582222]Hi,

I got to step 4 but when I run Multi WAD Batch Installer I get black screen saying Exception (DSI) occurred + some memory dump…

What should I do?[/QUOTE]

Never mind. I just had to take out the SD card, restart console and try to install again. Now, I got everything installed, up and running. Games loading from USB etc…

THANKS for the great guide and files!!

Swede

BootMii IOS254
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8
cIOS236[IOS36-v3351-patched]
IOS36-v3608[patched]
IOS58-v6176
Hermes cIOS222[38]-v5
Hermes cIOS223[37+38]-v4
Hermes cIOS224[57]-v5
Modified Version of Waninkoko cIOS249[56]-v21
Modified Version of Waninkoko cIOS250[57]-v21
WiiFlow StarNight Channel Forwarder
Priiloader v0.6 r123 with hacks_hash

[QUOTE=troy512;2567055]this is the new discussion thread for the new hack my wii guide

ive completely rewritten the guide and updated for use on 4.3 wii[/QUOTE]
I’ve done everything in the guide, except when I put the SD card in after deleting all the custom stages, nothing happens…I have NO idea why?? It just goes back to the regular “create a stage” page.

Hi Troy and All.

I have a new Wii ver. 4.3E.
I have purchased the Lego Batman game and have followed the instructions as per Troy’s Official Wii Hacking Guide.
I am using the Bathaxx Euro/Pal.

But following the HomeBrew Channel installation, when I tried to install IOS236 (step 3 in the Hacking Guide) I get a DSI Exception Error as well as Stack Dump and Code Dump.

I have attached the installer.log file that was created during the installation.

What should I do?
Please help.

installer_log.txt (10.9 KB)

Can you access and update the Pimp My Wii app in the homebrew channel? These updates are a bit better than the last posts of Troy. If you update Pimp My Wii and run the top option your wii should be completely ready with the latest ©IOSes installed.

As I am a newbie…I don’t know what “Pimp My Wii” is. (although I have found and read the Pimp My Wii thread in this forum).
I have used the Hack My Wii procedure…

[QUOTE=bijo;2598424]As I am a newbie…I don’t know what “Pimp My Wii” is. (although I have found and read the Pimp My Wii thread in this forum).
I have used the Hack My Wii procedure…[/QUOTE]

If you have the Homebrew channel working, then you can install Pimp My Wii. You can find the program right here.

The program will then detect missing or outdated IOS and also check that you have the latest Wii Menu. It also verifies that you have the latest version of BC and MIOS and the Shop Channel, Weather, News, Mii, Photo and Photo 1.1.

If you do not have the latest versions of these titles, the program will download or play them on a USB device or SD card to install them.

Using this program you will have all the advantages of the 4.1 cumulative to those of 3.2, and this without any problem!

Pimp installs cIOS d2x (based on that of Waninkoko) (249, 250) and v6 cIOS Hermes 202/222/223/224 rev5.1. (You can if you want to install the CIOS rev 20/21 Waninkoko but you must install it manually from the menu “Install cIOS”.)

It also installs the cMIOS of WiiGator.

The homebrew is automatically displayed in English, French, Italian, German or Spanish depending on the language of the console. It is also compatible Wii NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL (Wii Korean theoretically compatible).

Despite the different tests, this program can damage your console. It is preferable that you have in BootMii boot2 installed.

For more information about the different IOSes , click here

Thanks Mr. Belvedere.
Yes I have the Home Brew Channel installed. And I have downloaded the PimpMyWii files.

Question is…if I had not finished the HackMyWii procedure (didn’t install IOS36/IOS236) …is it safe to go forward with the PMW procedure?
Also, since I can’t install the Bootmii in Boot2, don’t you think I could possibly be exposed in the event if a Brick occurs, then I would not be able to use Boot2 for recovery?

Just want to verify…Do I have to be connected to the internet in order to install the PMW? (since I am not) I think I read that the PMW does a full off-line (local files) installation.

BR,
Bijo

[QUOTE=bijo;2598523]Question is…if I had not finished the HackMyWii procedure (didn’t install IOS36/IOS236) …is it safe to go forward with the PMW procedure?[/quote] I can’t be sure of that, but when the channel works, it should work indefenitely, as long as you don’t update your Wii via Nintendo

Also, since I can’t install the Bootmii in Boot2, don’t you think I could possibly be exposed in the event if a Brick occurs, then I would not be able to use Boot2 for recovery?
Can’t be sure of that as well, because i have no experience with it.

Just want to verify…Do I have to be connected to the internet in order to install the PMW?
I recommend an internet connection, since it will download all the latest files and patches automatically.

Just hacked a Wii last week using this tutorial.
It seems Pimp My Wii has noticed a lot of ©IOS updates.

My Wii is stuck on 4.2U . . . . it won’t update. I get that 32004 error.

Do any of the games used to Hack require a system update to run on 4.2?

I’m just wondering if I can’t get the system to update if I should try and Hack it.

It connects to weather and news just fine . . . . so I’m not sure why it won’t complete a system update.

Got the Homebrew Channel and IOS236 installed. But failed on Step 4 and get the DSI error. I rebooted the console and tried to redo step 4 and still failed.

I loaded Pimp My Wii and it appears to have updated everything. Should I attempt to proceed with Step 4 or just call it good?

I haven’t tried to load any games from an external drive yet.

If the latest Pimp My Wii has updated everything, then perhaps the only thing required to do is to make sure the correct IOS is loaded, so you are able to use USB 2.0 connections and stuff like that. You can see which IOS is used on the main screen of the Homebrew Channel.

i opening the packahe and it not there is there a new link

(no package available here)

Thanks in Advance

I just hacked a 4.3E Wii using the LetterBomb method:

Another method for installing the Homebrew Channel on your Wii with version 4.3:

Up until now the only way to liberate your Wii console and enable the use of homebrew with System Menu 4.3 was to use a gamedisc based exploit such as “BatHaxx”, “Return of the Jodi” and others.

This method completely removes the requirement for an exploitable game.

This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality. :slight_smile:

You will need:

A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)
A SD(HC) card with some free space
Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (available from your Wii’s system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
A few minutes of your time

Go to this website for the files.

Once you have downloaded the zip file, unpack it to the root of your sd card. Make sure you already have a message made on your Wii message board for today (just play a game for a while). Then go back to the message of yesterday and click it.

After that, install Pimp My Wii and go update some more files. And some more, and some more, etc.