Hack code for DV region 1 portable DVD player

I have recently purchased a portable DVD player in the US and was assured that there would be a suitable code to allow it to be multi region, I can’t find one and would like some help, its a Phillips DCP750/37 dvd player with IPOD connection :slight_smile:

thans

So when and what store did you purchase the unit from? I did a quick check on their site and didn’t see any relevant information that might help you play multiregion on your unit. Did you check Phillips web site prior to purchasing the unit? I know of only software that will make dvd region free but a player I don’t recall hearing much about but their might be other people on there that might be able to give you more info on multiregion player. But I think there out there but which model I don’t know.

To my best knowledge there is no solution to the problem atm, i.e. no known “special key combinations” for this player to make it region free and no firmware on Philips support site.

Found this site who claim to have the necessary for this model, albeit for a £3.99 charge:
http://www.dvdunlocks4u.co.uk/

Hi,

check http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks regularly. Maybe there will be an unlock code published in future.

Michael

It’s very rare for a portable player to have its region unlock code hovered around the internet, but you could try to eject the tray and press 0 six times. It’s a common known Philips unlock code.

If that doesn’t work then you can make region-free backups of your DVD movies (which would probably be a good idea anyway if you’re taking them travelling)

I have the same model.

To change the region on the Philips dcp750

1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
  2. Press the Setup button on your remote control
  3. Press the Right button on your remote control
  4. Press the Right button on your remote control
  5. Press the Right button on your remote control
  6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
  7. Press the 6 button on your remote control
  8. Press the 5 button on your remote control
  9. Press the 3 button on your remote control
  10. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
  11. Press the Setup button on your remote control

Hey welcome to CDFreaks Forum, and thank you for posting such valuable information that some members may find out them so useful.

Hello
Are you still interested to find the region free code for your DVD player Phillips? I have a code. It is working for me.:smiley:

[QUOTE=elisafour;1970076]Hello
Are you still interested to find the region free code for your DVD player Phillips? I have a code. It is working for me.:D[/QUOTE]

Then please post it here. :smiley:

Remove any dvd from the player and then using the remote control press Setup and go to Preference page.
While pointing at the screen enter 9653 using the numbers on the remote.
Last thing to do is to set Region on 0
That’s all !

Thanks.

Hi,

I bought Sony DVP-FX930 player 2 months back and unexpectedly need to go back to my country - India which actually uses region 5.

My family loves this player as the display is really good. This portable DVD player supports region ALL and region 1.

Anybody know how to make this DVD player support Region ALL, region - 1 and region - 5?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I just had a look over at videohelp.com (which is where I’ve found all the hacks for my Philips players/recorders), and there seems to be nothing for the model you have. :frowning:

Perhaps another member will have more luck…

By any chance is there a known general way for Sony DVD players which I can try?

I’m not sure, as I’ve never owned one (smehow I’ve ended up with all Philips standalones)…but maybe another member that owns a Sony could tell you. :slight_smile: