GWA-4164B doesn't work with Verbatim DVD+RW 1-4x 4.7GB why?

My writer doesn’t work with Verbatim DVD+RW 1-4x 4.7GB. I wonder why?
Nero shows this media as 4.38 GB even though if it is according verbatim 4.7GB . Could that cause errors?

I’m getting errors during formatting disc.

17:27:47 #23 Phase 98 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1725
Start formatting disc before burning

17:31:46 #24 SPTI -1114 File SCSIPassThrough.cpp, Line 323
E: CdRom5: SCSIStatus(x02) WinError(0) NeroError(-1114)
Sense Key: 0x06 (KEY_UNIT_ATTENTION)
Sense Code: 0x29
Sense Qual: 0x00
CDB Data: 0x04 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense Area: 0x70 00 06 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 29
Buffer x03a95e00: Len xc
0x00 82 00 08 00 23 05 40 98 00 00 00

17:31:46 #25 Phase 101 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1725
Formatting disc failed

Is that because firmware doesn’t recognize DVD vendor or type?

When i tried again to burn with nero other Verbatim disc, burning proccess was successful but verification shows a lot of read errors , and DVD was empty.

No, that isn’t the cause. Media manufacturers measure disc size based on 1KB=1000bytes. The problem is that operating systems use 1KB=1024bytes. If you sit down and do some calculations, then the 4.7GB quoted on the disc packaging actually works out to about 4.38GB of actual recording space. That is why Nero shows only that much as the capacity of your discs. It’s the same story as with why HDDs actually have less space available after formatting that stated on their specifications.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure why those discs don’t work with your GWA-4164B.

could be
please post a complete Nero log.

First of all thanks for yours response.

I attached Log file from Nero so maybe that’ll tell you something more.

By the way something strange happend when i tried to burn one of those media today because i though i lost previouse log file.Nero doesn’t recognized media at all. I mean Nero InfoTool says there’s not media in the writer whats not true.During process of burning, actually just before start of burn sys open the tray. I used quite new ones not those what i used before even thoug there are DVD+RW.

I think the writer won’t work with this kind of DVD’s unless maybe firmware update??
(my writer current version of firmaware is 1.80).

I’m looking forward any advice and ideas.

LogNero.txt (7.44 KB)

i don’t know what to make of it.
but it seems like you have some sort of virtual drive software.
try disabling/uninstalling it, sometimes such things interfere with CD/DVD burning.

Yes i know that, that’s why i did always close that sort of application before burning, but in fact i didn’t uninstall it.I use Daemon Tools.

Surprising is that i did burn on another media (Phihlips DVD+RW) the movie which was successful, but system can’t see the content.If you go to My computer to see what’s on the DVD there’s nothing.
From other side this burned DVD is working fine on another laptop which uses LG OEM writer as well. I can’t find any reasonable explanation why it happend, if you have any ideas feel free to write.

Thanks for advice i’ll try to uninstall Deamon first before next try.

Your system has software and driver issues, no surprise that you get such problems.

chef thanks but would you be able to give some more details how to tackle the problem? There’s definitely something wrong but i don’t have a clue where to start.