Guidelines Qualityscan

Hejsa

Is there any guidelines for qualityscan with optidrive when scanning bluray discs?

Normally with DVD it’s said that max 280/4 errors with liteon reader, is there also a guideline regarding values when scanning bluray?

I’m scanning with a liteon ihes208.

Best Regards
JJ

Quoted from cdrlabs and c’t magazine.

“Long Distance Code (LDC) and Burst Indicator Subcode (BIS). While it’s still too early to know what “good” results should look like, c’t magazine has stated that the average LDC should stay below 13 and the maximum BIS should not exceed 8. In my own testing, I’ve found that the LDC reported by CD Speed is considerably higher than 13.”

[QUOTE=allright;2475389]Hejsa

Is there any guidelines for qualityscan with optidrive when scanning bluray discs?

Normally with DVD it’s said that max 280/4 errors with liteon reader, is there also a guideline regarding values when scanning bluray?

I’m scanning with a liteon ihes208.

Best Regards
JJ[/QUOTE]

Thanx for clearing that up.

I have had my Lite-On iHES208 for a few weeks now and this seems to be the BD scanner to use. Check out 2601’s scans in a few of the threads in this forum.

Seems like anything matching up close to those appears to be good quality.

I have been seeing the exact same results so far and all my Blu-rays play fine on a PS3.

I have been scanning all my BD’s waiting for bad Lite-On iHES208 scan to see how it plays but I have not had a bad scan yet (I suppose that’s good :slight_smile:

I’d like to see a few of your scans MegaDeth. Particularly of some Taiwanese media. The Ritek disks (under various brands) have dropped in price faster than most of the media I’ve seen out of Japan, and it would be good to get a better idea of their qualtiy.

I have been planning some fresh burns on various media this weekend with scans, CMC, Philips, Ritek and Infomedia.

But unfortunately working 6-7 days a week has slowed me down a bit :sad:

But I will get them done.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2476892]I’d like to see a few of your scans MegaDeth. Particularly of some Taiwanese media. The Ritek disks (under various brands) have dropped in price faster than most of the media I’ve seen out of Japan, and it would be good to get a better idea of their qualtiy.[/QUOTE]

Here are a few quality scans, this is why INFOMER20 2x is not recommended :slight_smile:

Thanks for the scans. The Infomer is really awful :eek:. I hadn’t heard anything about that one previously.

The Philips looks fine.

Remember the TW Media thread? Click ME

I only bought some from a different seller for testing, [B][I][U]avoid these at all costs[/U][/I][/B]. The Pioneer BDR-205 (and clones of course) is the only drive I know that actually burns them. The burns are not so bad until after the 15-18GB mark then it goes south fast as you can see…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2477116]Thanks for the scans. The Infomer is really awful :eek:. I hadn’t heard anything about that one previously.

The Philips looks fine.[/QUOTE]