[Guide]Selectively Restore Contacts From iTunes Backup After Update to iOS 8.2

vbimport

“I updated my phone to the new iOS 8.2 and after installing the update my contacts were gone. I didn’t have them backed up to icloud. How do I get them back? iOS 8.2”

Usually such problems usually happen when update or downgrade iOS operating system. I think it is difficult for the above user to restore contacts after update to iOS 8.2, because he did not have an iCloud backup files or iTunes backup data. You have to realize the importance of backup your iPhone or iPad before update to iOS 8.2. As you all know that when it comes to data loss, you can restore those lost data from iTunes backup by resetting your iPhone. But, here, I want to show you something new. that is, if you have an iTunes backup file for your iPhone, you can selectively restore contacts from iTunes backup.

In order to selectively restore contacts from iTunes backup after update to iOS 8.2, you need a third party software to help. I have had about 6 such software for a test and finally, I think iFonebox is the best choice for you to restore contacts from iTunes to your iPhone or iPad.:iagree::iagree:

What is iFonebox?

It is known that iFonebox is a powerful and professional iOS data recovery tool which is not only supportive to recover deleted data like contacts, messages, notes and more from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, but restore data from your iTunes or iCloud backup selectively. What is more attractive for iFonebox is that it can transfer the recovered or restored contacts and notes to your iOS devices directly. Functional and convenient.:clap::clap:

How to restore contacts selectively from iTunes backup after update to iOS 8.2?

The first thing you need to do is to download and install iFonebox. Two versions are available: Windows version and Mac version.
Now you can follow the 1-2-3 steps to finish the whole restoring process:

Step 1: Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup. Remember to connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable.

Step 2: Start scanning data from iTunes backup.

Step 3: Preview and select before restore contacts.

This is the whole process to restore contacts selectively from iTunes backup. :flower::flower:

Notes: it is always important and significant to backup your iPhone or other iOS devices before update to iOS 8.2, otherwise, you cannot get back the lost data and you will lose them permanently.

It is convenient to use iFonebox to selectively restore contacts from iTunes backup after update to iOS 8.2.