Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab on Vista

vbimport

Clean Uninstall of DVDFab Platinum / Gold on Vista

1.) Uninstall DVDFab Platinum or Gold like you normally do.
2.) Click on Start open the your folder located on the top right side of the start menu.
3.) Open “Document” and delete both the “DVDFAB” folder and the “PCSETUP” folder
now close the Document folder.
4.) On the on the menu bar click on “Organize” and scroll down and select "Folder and
Search Options"and click on the “View” tab now scroll down and put a tick in the small
circle next to “Show hidden files and folders” and click “Apply” then “OK”.
5.) Now open the once hidden folder called “AppData” then open the “Roaming” folder
and delete the DVDFab folder .Now exit the Roaming folder then the AppData folder.
6.) On the on the menu bar click on “Organize” and scroll down and select "Folder and
Search Options"and click on the “View” tab now scroll down and put a tick in the small circle next to
“Hide files and folders” and click “Apply” then “OK”.
7.) Exit your folder and open the C: drive and click on Windows folder and click on “Prefetch”…
(Note)…You will get a message stating “You do not currently have permission to access this
folder” click the continue button and you will get another pop up message from “User Account
Control” click the continue button now scroll down and delete the entry foe DVDFab will look
something like "DVDFABPLATINUM.EXE-########.pf ( # ) are letters and numbers 8 in all, also
delete the PCSETUP.exe file.
8.) Run a registry cleaner

Please note step 9 is for those who knows how to use the registry editor do step 9 at your
own risk, I will not take any blame if you do any damage to your computer

9.) Open regedit and open the following key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software
delete the DVDFab folder, now close the software folder and then the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key
Now open the following key
HKEY_CURRENT USER >> Software
and delete the DVDFab folder, now close the software folder then the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key
Now open the following key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
delete the DVDFab folder…(note)…you will have to go down the list very far to find the folder.

Empty the recycle bin now reboot your system, if you are going to reinstall download a
new install package don’t use the one you already have it may be corrupt

Well done, SJ

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2065695]Well done, SJ[/QUOTE]

Thanks my friend :cool:

Excellent instructions but why can’t the DVDFab uninstaller do most if not all of this. I am not trying to single out DVDFab as most programs do not do a ‘clean’ uninstall.

regards

Good work, StormJumper :clap:,
please note, that “pcouffin.sys” and other pcouffin entries should not be delete, if other programs use this driver. Not only DVDFab install this tool…

[QUOTE=Kringles;2066022]Excellent instructions but why can’t the DVDFab uninstaller do most if not all of this. I am not trying to single out DVDFab as most programs do not do a ‘clean’ uninstall.

regards[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if DVDFab would uninstall all items, but it doesn’t .
Most programs that you install never removes all the itms that they install.
To tell you the truth as you surf the internet there are things that are installed on your PC that you know nothing about and are hard to find, I myself like a well cleaned system so so once a week I go through my system and remove all items that was not pre-installed or install by me.
I don’t just rely on antispyware and antivirus programs they over look many things.
Have a nice day :flower:

[QUOTE=Amiga Freak;2066034]Good work, StormJumper :clap:,
please note, that “pcouffin.sys” and other pcouffin entries should not be delete, if other programs use this driver. Not only DVDFab install this tool…[/QUOTE]

You are correct my friend :iagree: and I have asked one the Mod squad members to remove that part from the guide, thanks for pointing that out :clap:
Have a nice day :flower: