see if they are using them

Uninstall DVDFab like you normally do, next open My Computer
and go to c:\Program Files (OR) where ever you installed DVDFab
and delete the DVDFab folder…now close Program Files

Since you are already have your “C” drive open go to “Documents
and Settings >> Owner/Administrator” and open the
“HIDDEN FOLDER(see note below)” called “Application Data”…now
go all the way down the list to “PCOUFFIN” that was left behind
when DVDFab was uninstalled and delete the pcouffin( NOTE )
there are 4 entries for the pcouffin delete “ALL 4”( if not being used by another program) also delete the
VSO folder(it will be empty)…close documents and settings

Now the last thing you want to do in your “C” drive is to open
“c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH” and delete all entries for DVDFab
(note: if you installed versions on top of others you will have old
bootup files from older versions which can cause a few issues
(better known as the ".pf " file
close the “C” drive

Now open “My Documents” and delete the DVDFab Folder and the
“PCSETUP” Folder …now close my documents

Only do this step if you know what you are doing and do it at your
own risk

Open “Regeditor” and go to the following keys
“HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” delete all entries for DVDFab
( you will have to go down the list very far to find them )
now close the “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” key

Now open the following key
“HKEY_CURRENT_USER”>> “SOFTWARE” and delete the DVDFab
folder and the VSO folder(if not used by another program on your
system)
close the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” key

Now open the following key
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”>> “SOFTWARE” and delete the DVDFab
folder and the VSO folder( if not used by another program)

Empty the Recycle Bin and for the last two steps DO in order
1st… Do a Registry Clean up using “REGSEEKER” or what ever you use
2nd… Defrag your whole system
NOW Reboot and re-install DVDFab (NOTE) DO NOT USE the old
download file of DVDFab that you have had on your computer
"could be corrupt RE-DOWNLOAD a new copy of the file to use

NOTE…Hidden Files can be seen by clicking on tools on the menu bar
and clicking on folder Options and then by selecting the view tab under
Hidden Files and Folders then putting a tick mark where it says “Show
hidden files and folders”

Hey Stormjumper,
First off, people like you are what make the internet the free information source that it SHOULD be but likely won’t be forever. That being said, I’d like to thank you for the time that you have already spent with the mentioned guide.
I have followed your instructions to the ‘T’ and still when I try to re-install dvdfab, it runs as though nothing has been done and indicates that my trial period has expired. This leads me to believe that your tutorial is applicable to older versions of this program. I am using DVD Fab 5122. Can you provide any suggestions that will allow me to delete and re-install this program, as though it was never on my machine to begin with (aside from a complete re-format of the computer)?
Alternatively, are there any other programs you can suggest (freeware, shareware, or free trials) that can be used (that work as well as dvdfab) to back-up commercial dvd’s that I own?
PS Don’t know if this makes a difference, but I’m running Windows XP Home Edition version 2002, running Service pack 3.
Any Feedback you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks again,
Lammy

Nobody who uses dvdfab will tell you how to remove all traces of it from your computer. Buy the program if you like it or use the free version dvdfab hd decryptor. If this is not what you like then reformat as that is the only way you can keep using dvdfab gold or platinum for free.

[quote=LammyLammz;2176546]Hey Stormjumper,
First off, people like you are what make the internet the free information source that it SHOULD be but likely won’t be forever. That being said, I’d like to thank you for the time that you have already spent with the mentioned guide.
I have followed your instructions to the ‘T’ and still when I try to re-install dvdfab, it runs as though nothing has been done and indicates that my trial period has expired. This leads me to believe that your tutorial is applicable to older versions of this program. I am using DVD Fab 5122. Can you provide any suggestions that will allow me to delete and re-install this program, as though it was never on my machine to begin with (aside from a complete re-format of the computer)?
Alternatively, are there any other programs you can suggest (freeware, shareware, or free trials) that can be used (that work as well as dvdfab) to back-up commercial dvd’s that I own?
PS Don’t know if this makes a difference, but I’m running Windows XP Home Edition version 2002, running Service pack 3.
Any Feedback you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks again,
Lammy[/quote]
Greetings LammyLammz
The guides was put together to help other members/users do a clean uninstall because of possible corrupted files and/or folders, it was not designed to give you another trial period… there are other items that can be removed but.
Like my good friend GJ said

It’s called Honesty :cool:

[QUOTE=GJ;]Nobody who uses dvdfab will tell you how to remove all traces of it from your computer. Buy the program if you like it…[/QUOTE]

GJ, I’m not sure I understand…Is it that “Nobody who uses dvdfab will tell me”, or is it that nobody knows?
By no means is it my intent to scam a second trial period, the fact is that this program was installed by the previous owner of my computer and I didn’t have a first trial period to begin with. As helpful as your suggestion to purchase the program is, I think I could have come up with that solution without joining this forum.
I may be new to this website, but I think YOU should read the mission statement for CD Freaks in the ‘about section’. Here’s a part that I think you should pay particular attention to before you contribute to another forum in this fashion:

-Lammy

Lammy it also talks about what is not allowed, so this site will survive to help people who want “honest help”.

[QUOTE=LammyLammz;2177345]By no means is it my intent to scam a second trial period, the fact is that this program was installed by the previous owner of my computer and I didn’t have a first trial period to begin with.[/QUOTE]Well you learned a lesson here … don’t purchase used pc’s.

Previous owner shoulda wiped the hdd anyway …

Hey again Stormjumper,
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. as mentioned in my reply to GJ, it’s not my intent to scam a free trial. I’m merely trying to evaluate the software as the developers intended.
That being said…

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2176712]
The guides was put together to help other members/users do a clean uninstall… [/QUOTE]
regardless of MY intended use of your guide, it doesn’t meet YOUR intended purpose if…[QUOTE=StormJumper;2176712]there are other items that can be removed but…Nobody who uses dvdfab will tell you how to remove all traces of it from your computer
[/QUOTE]
So I guess you need to do 1 of 3 things:
1 update your guide with complete instructions
2. face the fact that it doesn’t do it’s intended purpose (removing all files left behind by this program).
3. Rename your guide “Clean-ish uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold” lol :slight_smile:
Thanks anyway for your help (and honesty) and sorry if I come across as a dick, but perhaps I overestimated your drive to

-Lammy

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2177349]Lammy it also talks about what is not allowed, so this site will survive to help people who want “honest help”.[/QUOTE]

Jeth, if it’s not honest help that I’m seeking here, what would you call it? You may also want some sort of a safety net under your high horse. Don’t forget we’re talking about a program and a website that is largely used to pirate software…

And before anybody jumps all over me with this one, I OWN ALL OF THE DVD’s THAT I INTEND TO BACK UP WITH SAID PROGRAM, and furthermore, extending a trial period doesn’t brake any laws in my country, however leaving files behind after an uninstall IS wholely unlawful. I draw your collective attention to a certain successful class action lawsuit against a small company called SONY for software that did just that (see link)

[QUOTE=Bob;2177352]Well you learned a lesson here … don’t purchase used pc’s.
[/QUOTE]

Lol, true, however if you knew what I paid for this little lappy, you’d understand why there was no lesson learned.

[quote=LammyLammz;2177358]Jeth, if it’s not honest help that I’m seeking here, what would you call it? You may also want some sort of a safety net under your high horse. Don’t forget we’re talking about a program and a website that is largely used to pirate software…

And before anybody jumps all over me with this one, I OWN ALL OF THE DVD’s THAT I INTEND TO BACK UP WITH SAID PROGRAM, and furthermore, extending a trial period doesn’t brake any laws in my country, however leaving files behind after an uninstall IS wholely unlawful. I draw your collective attention to a certain successful class action lawsuit against a small company called SONY for software that did just that (see link)

DVD Fab only allows for 1 trial period, if you like the software, please buy it. The trial period is long enough to give you an idea of how good the program is and if you like it or not. Thanks, Happy Holidays.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2177375]DVD Fab only allows for 1 trial period, if you like the software, please buy it. The trial period is long enough to give you an idea of how good the program is and if you like it or not. Thanks, Happy Holidays.[/QUOTE]

I don’t doubt that. But as mentioned in a previous post if there ever was a free trial period, I didn’t receive one. It would have to have been the previous owner of this computer. Considering he recommended dvdfab as the best program of it’s type, that would seem to be the obvious reason.

The program is not transferable. The previous owner of the computer did however use the trial, thats the chance you take when buying a used computer with software already installed.

Posted by LammyLammz
extending a trial period doesn’t brake any laws in my country

This is not in question. It is against the EULA of FAB. 1 trial. That’s it. Sorry for your inconvenience.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2177382]The program is not transferable. The previous owner of the computer did however use the trial, thats the chance you take when buying a used computer with software already installed.
This is not in question. It is against the EULA of FAB. 1 trial. That’s it. Sorry for your inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

Q: Is this website Owned/Sponsored (in pocket with) DVDFAB (fengtao software)?
Because the majority of the responses I’m receiving don’t seem to be “…the premier…source for unbiased information relating to digital storage and delivery technologies.”, that the CD Freaks Mission statement would have me believe.

The operative word of course being UNBIASED.

[quote=LammyLammz;2177392]Q: Is this website Owned/Sponsored (in pocket with) DVDFAB (fengtao software)?
Because the majority of the responses I’m receiving don’t seem to be “…the premier…source for unbiased information relating to digital storage and delivery technologies.”, that the CD Freaks Mission statement would have me believe.

The operative word of course being UNBIASED.[/quote] Have a Happy Holiday. :flower:

Wow, how did I miss out on this one?

Sorry but I not help people who want to get something for free. So pleased no more pm’s about this or I will have to report it to a mod.

I think the member gets the message. Lets move on and have a Happy Holiday.:wink:

[QUOTE=LammyLammz;2177540]Wow, that was a joke. sorry for giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might actually be a cool person…i really dropped the ball on that one. And if you report me to a mod I might just have to get my information from one of the million other alternatives. Clearly not the end of the world given how helpful you all were.
PS the fact that you cut that from a pm and pasted into a forum really shows how cool you are…[/QUOTE][B]@LammyLammz:[/B] you have been given enough requests to drop the subject by the moderator of this forum. Continuing to insult other members, and disrespect CD Freaks, will result in your forum access being restricted.

There’ll be no more warnings. :cop: