Guessing Hotmail passwords - as easy as 123456

I just posted the article Guessing Hotmail passwords - as easy as 123456.

Is your Hotmail password the same as the combination to your luggage?

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20849-guessing-hotmail-passwords-as-easy-as-123456.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/20849-guessing-hotmail-passwords-as-easy-as-123456.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! They guessed the password to my pc, cell phone, luggage, hotmail, net bank, GPS, tv, DVD, credit cards, and airlock all at once! :sad:

I like this part:

Perhaps there is a direct correlation between people’s likelihood to choose a stupid password and their likelihood to fall for a phishing attack or get infected by spyware.
:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2448170]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! They guessed the password to my pc, cell phone, luggage, hotmail, net bank, GPS, tv, DVD, credit cards, and airlock all at once! :sad:[/QUOTE]Same here!!! OMG! They also got my wife’s chastity belt lock combination!! I am doomed…

I thought at this stage that most e-mail providers (especially Hotmail) would force the use of numbers and letters and to at least do some validation checking, e.g. that the password is not using a sequence (e.g. “cdefgh”.)

As most membership based services will send a password reminder to the owner’s e-mail account (e.g. with the ‘Forgot your password’ link), these accounts are in-turn only as secure as the user’s e-mail account password. Of course, using the same password for multiple accounts doesn’t help either!

I remember when I set up my Paypal account, it had nice way of preventing users from using the same password used elsewhere. After I finished setting up my Paypal account, it required me to change my password before I could start adding any cards details to it.

Only a moron would use a password like 123456.

Smart people count backwards.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2448170]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! They guessed the password to my pc, cell phone, luggage, hotmail, net bank, GPS, tv, DVD, credit cards, and airlock all at once! :sad:[/QUOTE]

you’re funny :wink:

www.passwordmaker.org

Nuff said.