Guess which ripping software was used

I downloaded an old film (it was in public domain And I previously owned a copy which was damaged). The quality of this .iso file was so superior to anything I’ve seen with ripped video files. (It looked every bit as good as my original.) I have used DVDXCopy, AnyDVD/CloneDVD2, DVDFab, and DVD Flick. But I have never seen a ripped file that looked this good that was this compressed (about 150 min. on a ISO file that fits a single-layer DVD). Anyone care to hazard a guess what software may have been used by whoever created this file?

The suspense is killing me, :rolleyes:…Why don’t you just tell us it [I]wasn’t[/I] Ner0…If I had to guess, I’d say none of the above…

Your guess is as good as mine, but 150 min will generate about 3800 kbs bitrate for DVD5.
If you use good encoder something like Cinema Craft or other and VBR for encode, you will get nice picture on 30"+ TV.

I agree with CDuncle. When using a good encoder, like HC or ProCoder or CCE, you can get excellent results on mpeg2/dvd compression. Nothing mysterious about it.

If you haven’t tried it, you should check out the free version of DVDRebuilder using the HC encoder.

I agree, guys, hence my NOTA comment…I’m guessing maybe this is a plug for something or other…

Well I do have and use DVDFab but none of the other software you stated, but one of my other programs I use will give great looking quality resualts on a 2hrs 10min movie rip would you care to guess what I use :smiley: and I even have a liftime registration for it :bigsmile:

t0nee1, I posted b/c I don’t know what was used (there’s no way for me to ask whoever the original uploader was what program they used). Sorry if it didn’t come across clearly. I listed those other programs that I previously have used, b/c I don’t think that any of those created this high quality file. As for the other suggestions of Cinema Craft, DVDRebuilder, etc., I will have to look into those. Thank you.

Yes, DVD Rebuilder Pro with CCE Basic, that is what I use. But I usualy try to stay above 4500, which sometimes need DVD/DL.

@ moscatomg1, :cool:
I also use DVDRB pro ,but with HCenc…I get great results…:smiley:

Is this the site for DVDRB? http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/index.php It’s a lot of dead links and old files (circa 2005). The “new” versions (like 1.26.5, 1.26.6, etc.) don’t seem to actually have download links. Strange…but I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.

[QUOTE=moscatomg1;2240327]Is this the site for DVDRB? http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/index.php It’s a lot of dead links and old files (circa 2005). The “new” versions (like 1.26.5, 1.26.6, etc.) don’t seem to actually have download links. Strange…but I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Here you go: http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

fantastic–thank you!

You are welcome. As the others have stated, I think that you will be very impressed with the results DVDRebuilder produces. I use the free HC encoder with the pro version of rebuilder and couldn’t be happier.

Re: Guess which ripping software was used

I doubt if how it was ripped makes any difference, the transcoder/encoders used to get it on one disc is what matters.